38583186(first)
87541883(first)
3658286(first)

bonus numbers
680($200NT)
618($200NT)

I did a simple calculation:
If i just aim for the last 3 digits for the $200 Prize,

3 digits, 7 chances to win, = 7/(10^3) = 0.007 or 0.7 percent chance of at least hitting the last 3 digits for a small prize.

However I’ve gone through well over 200 receipts these last two months and havent hit anything.

Is there something I’m not factoring in or am i just very unlucky?

I know it’s not wise to ask a math quesiton on a board populated mostly by westerners(as opposed to asians) … and english teachers at that, but i have faith in you guys.

Yeah you’re calculating it wrong. I believe there are three numbers for the small prizes. You have a straight 1 in 1000 chance of hitting a $200 prize for each number. 3 numbers makes 3/1000 or 1/333 or so. A bit unlucky to not have hit one yet, but not surprising.

EDIT: Didn’t see the bonus numbers. The first two (grand and special) don’t count for small prizes. That boosts you to 1/200. Quite unlucky, but not outrageous.

Disclaimer: I’m a westerner and English teacher, but I like to gamble :slight_smile:

hi there,

you can do the math or just visit this page:
postaround.me/taiwan/

write down the last 3 digits of your receipts, and it will tell you how much you won in total and in which receipt number.

notice that the last 3 digits may match only the last digits of the 3 FIRST PRIZE numbers and the ADDITION numbers.

good luck!

It’s not very high, like I said I’ve collected hundreds of them and only got one 200NT prize, so you have to collect a HUGE amount of receipts to have any chance of winning (like buying stuff in different stores, shop a lot at 7-11 buying only ONE item, etc.). Ever since that I either throw the receipts away or just donate them when I get them.

Also another word of caution:

If you have any company number attached to it (the 8 digit number you have reported in the receipt in order to claim tax deductions), that receipt is NOT eligible for any prize, even if it’s the 2 million NT prize! Also if the receipt has a total of 0NT or less then that receipt is also invalid (the store is supposed to take those back and “void” them).

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]

If you have any company number attached to it (the 8 digit number you have reported in the receipt in order to claim tax deductions), that receipt is NOT eligible for any prize, even if it’s the 2 million NT prize! Also if the receipt has a total of 0NT or less then that receipt is also invalid (the store is supposed to take those back and “void” them).[/quote]

You mean all my puchases of negative bread and antimatter condoms do not count?!?!? :fume:
:laughing: :smiley: :laughing:

[quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”]

If you have any company number attached to it (the 8 digit number you have reported in the receipt in order to claim tax deductions), that receipt is NOT eligible for any prize, even if it’s the 2 million NT prize! Also if the receipt has a total of 0NT or less then that receipt is also invalid (the store is supposed to take those back and “void” them).[/quote]

You mean all my puchases of negative bread and antimatter condoms do not count?!?!? :fume:
:laughing: :smiley: :laughing:[/quote]

It happens if say the clerk rings up a sale and you decide you don’t want the item anymore, then the receipt has a zero balance. Also, if you use a gift voucher or coupons and the grand total ends up to be less than 0 (where they would either cash you back or give you the equivalent gift voucher) then you also don’t get a receipt. If somehow you did get the receipt though its not eligible for a prize.

[quote=“danger”]This months winning numbers:
38032017(special prize)
38095343(grand prize)
38583186(first)
87541883(first)
3658286(first)

bonus numbers
680($200NT)
618($200NT)

3 digits, 7 chances to win, = 7/(10^3) = 0.007 or 0.7 percent chance of at least hitting the last 3 digits for a small prize.

However I’ve gone through well over 200 receipts these last two months and havent hit anything.

I know it’s not wise to ask a math quesiton on a board populated mostly by westerners(as opposed to asians) … and english teachers at that, but I have faith in you guys.[/quote]

It was already mentioned but there are only 5 chances to win using the last 3 digits. So I don’t think you’re unlucky since it takes 200 receipts to mathematically expect to win and you only had 200 receipts which I think might be an exaggeration. that’s 3-4 receipts everyday for two months. But this reminds me that I need to check my receipts again.

[quote=“Abacus”][quote=“danger”]This months winning numbers:
38032017(special prize)
38095343(grand prize)
38583186(first)
87541883(first)
3658286(first)

bonus numbers
680($200NT)
618($200NT)

I know it’s not wise to ask a math quesiton on a board populated mostly by westerners(as opposed to asians) … and english teachers at that, but I have faith in you guys.[/quote]

It was already mentioned but there are only 5 chances to win using the last 3 digits. So I don’t think you’re unlucky since it takes 200 receipts to mathematically expect to win and you only had 200 receipts which I think might be an exaggeration. that’s 3-4 receipts everyday for two months. But this reminds me that I need to check my receipts again.[/quote]

I usually win at least $200 every time. I hit the thousand once in March 2010. I remember because I was excited but I went to Korea that morning and when I came back it was gone. I think my roommate at the time stole it because he was insistant I brought it to Korea with me for some reason (although I have no idea why the hell I would bring it to Korea).

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]Yeah you’re calculating it wrong. I believe there are three numbers for the small prizes. You have a straight 1 in 1000 chance of hitting a $200 prize for each number. 3 numbers makes 3/1000 or 1/333 or so. A bit unlucky to not have hit one yet, but not surprising.

EDIT: Didn’t see the bonus numbers. The first two (grand and special) don’t count for small prizes. That boosts you to 1/200. Quite unlucky, but not outrageous.

Disclaimer: I’m a westerner and English teacher, but I like to gamble :slight_smile:[/quote]

This wrong.
If right, then guy have 1,000 tickets, he must win prize.
But sometimes have 1,000 tickets and not win.
Math is very easy.
1 - (.999) to power 1,000.

[quote=“mike029”]
I usually win at least $200 every time. I hit the thousand once in March 2010. I remember because I was excited but I went to Korea that morning and when I came back it was gone. I think my roommate at the time stole it because he was insistant I brought it to Korea with me for some reason (although I have no idea why the hell I would bring it to Korea).[/quote]

Same here. It’s rare for me not to get at least $200 and this time I won 400 which is about average. I once got 1000 but my wife forgot to cash it on time.

I’m a muddle-headed wombat so I usually buy a pack of smokes, walk out of the store, remember I wanted a newspaper, go back in, walk down the street, realise I’m thirsty, buy some water, go to the sushi bar, head to class, grab a coffee before I go in, etc. and come home with a pocketful of receipts every day…oh, and did I mention the beer…?

The more you spend, the more you win :discodance:

Meh, it’s a reasonable approximation. The variable anyway is the number of winning combinations, not the number of tickets. If there were 1,000, in fact, he must win prize.

[quote=“sam_wong”]

This wrong.
Math is very easy.
1 - (.999) to power 1,000.[/quote]

You could just be anal and instead of buying a bunch of items, buy one item at a time and keep walking back into the store to get more receipts. But that gets tiring…

friend of mine nearly got the big one.
His receipt was 38032016. He put the receipt on his fb page.
Damn it - 10 Million that close !!

We all just wonder, what does it mean, does the customer straight behind him
(“7” at the end) got the jackpot ? Are the receipt numbers given out in order ?

[quote=“MoTi”]friend of mine nearly got the big one.
His receipt was 38032016. He put the receipt on his fb page.
Damn it - 10 Million that close !!

We all just wonder, what does it mean, does the customer straight behind him
(“7” at the end) got the jackpot ? Are the receipt numbers given out in order ?[/quote]

Yea, they are in sequential order, but only if the cashier is on the same roll. The receipt comes in a box which is all sequential, but then its possible the customer changed roll and didn’t use the next one in the series (the end of a roll would end in 249, 499, 749, 999), so there are 250 receipts in a roll.

The cashier is supposed to change them in sequential order because the record on the computer must match the actual number on the receipt.

[quote=“sam_wong”][quote=“Tempo Gain”]Yeah you’re calculating it wrong. I believe there are three numbers for the small prizes. You have a straight 1 in 1000 chance of hitting a $200 prize for each number. 3 numbers makes 3/1000 or 1/333 or so. A bit unlucky to not have hit one yet, but not surprising.

Disclaimer: I’m a westerner and English teacher, but I like to gamble :slight_smile:[/quote]

This wrong.
Math is very easy.

You’re Asian and you’re math is this bad?

[quote=“Abacus”][quote=“sam_wong”][quote=“Tempo Gain”]Yeah you’re calculating it wrong. I believe there are three numbers for the small prizes. You have a straight 1 in 1000 chance of hitting a $200 prize for each number. 3 numbers makes 3/1000 or 1/333 or so. A bit unlucky to not have hit one yet, but not surprising.

This wrong.
Math is very easy.

You’re Asian and you’re math is this bad?[/quote]

How can someone be Math? You mean he’s the avatar of Math??

you’re math? As in You Are math?
(oh sorry i thought i was in the other thread bout writing and all that shizzle)