Change License Plates and Counties to States

How provacative would it be to Chinese Nationalist Party Chairman Ma if President Chen ordered the government to change the License plates from Taiwan Province to the county/state that you lived in? For that matter what if President Chen decided to change the designation of Ilan, Taoyuan, Chiayi, etc from a counties to states. Would that be provacative and against Ma’s plan to be the Govenor of Taiwan Province? I can see how China would be pissed off, but it is none of their business and they shouldn’t interfere into Taiwan’s internal politics.

Why wouldn’t Chairman Ma agree and could President Chen actually do it? Why hasn’t been done already? Is it all because of China’s intimadation?

The KMT got this country into the mess that it is in, they should get it out. Give some dignity back to this country.

[quote=“Hobart”]Why wouldn’t Chairman Ma agree and could President Chen actually do it? Why hasn’t been done already? Is it all because of China’s intimadation?

The KMT got this country into the mess that it is in, they should get it out. Give some dignity back to this country.[/quote]
Strangely enough - a couple of KMT legislators called for Taiwan’s provincial government to be abolished a couple of months ago, so maybe you’ll get you’re wish.

My car is registered in Taipei City, so it doesn’t affect me anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure once you figure out what to do with Jinma and Matsu.

Dignity from a license plate…I believe they call them vanity plates.

I can see pan-Greens bidding on ebay for their new plates “F U PRC”

Or H U PRC, because pan-Greens tend not to be able to pronounce F sounds. :smiley:

:roflmao:

That’s just wrong on so many different levels. You’re so bad zeug… :laughing:

Priceless! :slight_smile: :notworthy:

What a dumb joke.

Hobart: That would be cool, actually. It would make a statement on every scooter and car!

Why not just cover up the offensive 省 on every tag with some masking tape or something?

That’s a really ghetto solution. Would fit the country bumpkin image of TI though.

[quote]H U PRC
[/quote]

HEADS UP!!!

In the 1980s, someone from Maine altered their tag from Vacationland to Radiationland to protest a nuclear plant being built in the State. The State government told him he couldn’t do it, but a State court held up his right to free speech.

If the government won’t do the right thing, why isn’t it right for the citizens to do what they have at their disposal to do as a statement?

He didn’t say it wouldn’t be right. He said it would be ghetto and fit the country bumpkin image of TI, which is true.

No… what is “ghetto,” as you so articulately put it, is denying the truth… as if we’re living in George Orwell’s novel, 1984.

In other news, there’s a bakery and some other stores in Taiwan that write, “Taiwan Guo” on their packaging! YES.

Yeah, the KMT should have just let the PRC take over Taiwan like they did the mainland. That would’ve been much better. :unamused: