Changes to naturalization proposed: 2 years

Reading the following article I came to the paragraph where it says…

The act stipulates that foreigners have to have stayed in Taiwan for at least 183 days per year for three or five consecutive years, depending on circumstances, to start the naturalization process, but the amendment would lower the requirement to two years.

I have the following questions:

1. Is there a real chance of this proposal (2 year requirement) going ahead?
  2. Gold-card holders still need 5y to apply for naturalization, right?
  3. Currently after holding the gold-card for 3y, you can apply for permanent resident. Then you could move abroad, and you may keep your permanent residence as long as every 5 years you enter in the country at least for a day. Until now, it has been necessary to reside in Taiwan for 5 years in order to apply for naturalization. If you have resided in Taiwan for 3 years, then took a break of one year living abroad, after that year you returned to Taiwan. After your return, how many more years will you have to reside in Taiwan before you can apply for naturalisation? Otherwise the requirement of 5 years of residence is interrupted (183 day rule)?

Thanks

until now no, I’ve reached the household registration and MOI and the law until this moment 5 years for senior professionals APRC holders including plum blossom APRC and 3 years if married to Taiwanese.