Changing for a mate

That’s why his SO is such a happy woman. :wink:

My SO is Thai, they are cleanliness freaks. I change for her regularly, apparently I smell really good all the time now.

HG

I am forced to change all the time. I mean it ridiculous. First it’s “You haven’t taken your socks off in two days! Change them!” Then it’s “I can smell your underwear from here! Change them!” I mean, it’s not even Saturday night and I have to change my underthings? I mean Come ON!

I agree with Erhu. Wise words.
I also like how you said “adapt” and not “change”… not sure if they have exactly the same meaning.

Girl: Hi! I’m dumb… :blah: :whistle:

Guy: Hi! Me too. :smiling_imp:

its looks like the poll is almost 50/50 of who would or has changed/who would not change.

however, the threads seem way in favor of not changing.

maybe people believe they wouldn’t change, or shouldn’t change, but the poll says otherwise. who’s not being honest in their threads?

and to safob: adapt and change are not the same.

no one should change for a relationship. if they did it would be a bullshitship, doomed to fail eventually.

anyone can adapt, that is to improve the relationship. adapt just means to grow together as everyone grows over time. i am not the same person i was 5 or 10 years ago. people can break habits and pick up new ones, but that is adapting.

to change is to do a 180. you become a changed person-for someone else. you would only be living a lie. who wants that? people should only change for themselves, not someone else. and i agree with those that said if someone really loves you, they would not want you to change.

and i know you’re not looking for advice, but being single is great, enjoy it while you can, and then someone may come along and you hit it off, or it might not happen…who cares. we all just need to live our lives and if someone joins us in that life, great, otherwise, enjoy yourself.

jm

I would not be in such a good (life) shape if it wasnt for the genius stroke that i had 4 years ago, telling myself that this taiwanese girls i started being with was worth some trouble.

To me adaptation is a matter of what you really can accept to do for the other, and how much you prize your relationship.
The result has been good and helpful for me, but it could have never happened without great COMMUNICATION.

As for changing, i only see it as a feminine phantasy where one part of the relationship believes she can completely overturn the other half. I see that stemming from too many women’s ability to fall in love with what they see as a men’s potential, as opposed to what that men really is.