Changing from dependent ARC to JFRV (after spouse's naturalization)

Anyone here experienced going from a dependent ARC (married to a foreigner) to a JFRV (married to a Taiwanese)? Will police clearance be needed in this case?

I was able to find the answer in this article. I’ll leave it here for others: