Changing peoples user names, when you quote them

Isn’t there a rule about altering peoples poster names when you quote them or refer to them? It seems to be going on quite a lot at the moment. I understand that my douche ridden name is too long for the 'tards to write out, but other people are having their names changed to something offensive by other posters.

Yes the carrot is wedged a little uncomfortably up my ass today before anyone starts up. :raspberry:

Get a life!

I sometimes shorten names; ain’t merlishus, though.

[quote=“mikerophone_checker”]Isn’t there a rule about altering peoples poster names when you quote them or refer to them? It seems to be going on quite a lot at the moment. I understand that my douche ridden name is too long for the 'tards to write out, but other people are having their names changed to something offensive by other posters.

Yes the carrot is wedged a little uncomfortably up my ass today before anyone starts up. :raspberry:[/quote]Yes, there is already a rule about distorting peoples’ names to attack them. If you see a post breaking the rules, tell a mod or admin about the particular post, what are you telling us for?
If I’m doing a manual quote and not using the quote button, there is no way I would type your name in.

[quote=“Big Farting Bottom”][quote=“mikerophone_checker”]Isn’t there a rule about altering peoples poster names when you quote them or refer to them? It seems to be going on quite a lot at the moment. I understand that my douche ridden name is too long for the 'tards to write out, but other people are having their names changed to something offensive by other posters.

Yes the carrot is wedged a little uncomfortably up my ass today before anyone starts up. :raspberry:[/quote]Yes, there is already a rule about distorting peoples’ names to attack them.
If I’m doing a manual quote and not using the quote button, there is no way I would type your name in.[/quote]
Yes. It’s poor form and the mark of a lesser intellect.

Some mad scottish bastard who recently sired a kid just so he could win a NT$500 bet with a fellow band member wrote: [quote]Yes. It’s poor form and the mark of a lesser intellect.[/quote]

Totally agree.

You completely fail at the use of the quote function away, the quotees name goes inside the box, not outside.

[quote=“An appreciater of men’s underwear”]
Totally agree.[/quote]

I think it’s fine as long as it’s light-hearted and not insulting or a slur on anyone’s character.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“An appreciater of men’s underwear”]
Totally agree.[/quote]I think it’s fine as long as it’s light-hearted and not insulting or a slur on anyone’s character.[/quote]That’s the way we see it also.

Thanks fluffy. I hadn’t noticed that - I’ve only been posting for SIX years! :blush:

Thanks fluffy. I hadn’t noticed that - I’ve only been posting for SIX years! :blush:[/quote]Not quite. Look at the dark box at the top of the quote. Also notice the button that says “quote” below the post. Buttons are meant to be pushed, so push that baby!

Thanks fluffy but I’m not very technical (hence no avatar, and me never posting pictures). I’ll try figuring it out when I’m sober.

Thanks fluffy but I’m not very technical (hence no avatar, and me never posting pictures). I’ll try figuring it out when I’m sober.[/quote]We’ll have to wait another 6 years for that :beer:

Thanks fluffy but I’m not very technical (hence no avatar, and me never posting pictures). I’ll try figuring it out when I’m sober.[/quote]

Don’t listen to him. Don’t push anything if you don’t know what it does. Gus keeps doing that and then the site goes down again. Have another drink.