Changing visas

I’m teaching English at a deplorable school. I had Taiwanese friends in the States who told me it was good. I have since learned otherwise. Everytime I read something about them online or speak to a former employer I hear capitulation with my opinion that they are the worst in the city.
Regardless, I have registered for classes at Shida. I’m taking 10 hrs/wk. They expedited my application because I have an ARC. I wasn’t sure whether I can get a student visa, whether an ARC can be shifted without leaving the country, whether I can change it back to an ARC after I quit my job and try to find a better one.
I know the law changes faster than the seasons here, but anyone in the know dropping some guidance would be appreciated.