Chasing Ladies' Nights

I’ve got a holiday coming up, and will be staying in Taipei. I think I’ll be hanging out at the beach and doing the nightlife thing, but I don’t have a lot of money.
Since I never usually go out during the week, some advice is needed. Which clubs are good on which nights? When are the (cheap for me!) ladies’ nights (I guess the TU or 151 rather than Brass Monkey variety)? I’m not into cover bands, and like gothic, german industrial, electronic industrial, alternative, hip hop, J-rock and kylie. :shock:

Where to go? What to do? Does anybody go out during the week?

Carnegie’s has by far the best Ladies’ Night in town but they won’t play the music you like. Nevertheless, it is a good laugh. Get there early or you will fall victim to the huge queue that appears around 10.30. There is no cover charge.

Oh yes and it’s on Wednesdays.

Wednesday Nights(Ladies Night) - they play mostly hiphop. No Cover Bands, Evar.

by far the best looking crowd of young ladies in taipei, hands down.

Carnegies is no comparison.

…some might say that the crowd at 18 has a bad attitude, i think they’re friendly tho…

-chris

[quote]by far the best looking crowd of young ladies in Taipei, hands down.
[/quote]
Damn! Too bad I have no use for the young ladies in Taipei.

Hip hop and bad attitude sounds good, though. :smiley:

I was going to suggest Carnegies, though it is extremely crowded on Wednesday nights.

When is Ziga Zaga’s ladies night? Thursday, I believe. I like ZZ for its class and comfort. The live band there right now, from Canada mostly, plays a lot of hip hop tunes. Ziga Zaga is near the city government building, in the Grand Hyatt ca3yue4. Go in the side door. You can talk to the managers, Troy (handsome local fellow), or Stefan (handsome Austrian fellow) for good seating.

So are all the Ladies’ Nights on Wednesdays?

A friend from out of town just called and said she’ll be in Taipei tonight, and they’ll be going to some place that has a quiz night and cheap beer. Sounds fishy to me, but I guess I’ll go to see my friend.
I can always disappear later, though, and I’ve still got a Wednesday left.
I know a lot of my friends like to go to ZigaZaga on Thursdays, and Fridays, and Saturdays…

[quote=“mungacious”]Wednesday Nights(Ladies Night) - they play mostly hiphop. No Cover Bands, Evar.

by far the best looking crowd of young ladies in Taipei, hands down.

Carnegies is no comparison.

…some might say that the crowd at 18 has a bad attitude, I think they’re friendly tho…

-chris[/quote]

what club are you referring to in the first line? cuz the above post was talking about carnegies but then you contrast carnegies in line4, so you must be talking about something else??

Kenny, he’s talking about Room 18 at Warner Village. Had me confused for a while too, until I read the subject line. Maybe. I think. Yes.

but thats okay.

i was referring to room 18.

-chris

[quote=“mungacious”]but thats okay.

I was referring to room 18.

-chris[/quote]

i c. do you need a wingman? :wink: i haven’t been there in a few months.

is more snausages…but hey, theres plenty of buns to go around…PLENTY

get there around 11 or you’ll wait in line for-eva…

if u happen to arrive at 12…ya might not make it in unless u gots a table or a friend on the inside…

-chris

Brass Monkey has a ladies of the night, I mean ladies night on Thursdays. Flava or some such. It’s on Fu Hsing North Road about 200 metres on your left as you head north of Nanjing East.

Can’t imagine its much chop for the Ravey Davies.

HG

Is Brass Monkey as bad as Carnegie’s? Went to C last night and only lasted about 15 minutes. Jumped in a taxi and headed for Room 18, but what a line!
My friend and I took a couple of minutes to appreciate the talent in the line though…a definite for next Wednesday…hot hot hot people. Quite a contrast with the Carnegie’s crowd! Guess we’ll see you there, Kenny.

Finally ended up in TU which was a lot of fun. Met a lot of nice girls and guys without getting the feeling that anybody was on a score mission. Just a bunch of students drinking and dancing.
Nice.
I’ll give the Brass a try…why not?

This thread is not what I thought it was.

Damn title is misleading :wink:

I will be going on a similar mission tonight (actually been doing that for the last 2 days, but it’s been a complete fiasco - more on that later).

Based on this topic my choice is down to TU or Room 18, what kind of sound can one expect in these two places ? Also, what is the proportion of locals ?

Thanks.

OK, I’ve now read a bit more of this forum (great one, by the way).

TU it will be, we’ll see if I’m more successful than on previous days.

Boss, I don’t know about you but I thought that this thread was going to be stories of desperate guys waiting outside of Ladies’ night bars so that they are the first guys in the door when the guys are allowed in. It’s a very desperate move but it always made me laugh to hear about it.

Hans