ChatGPT Lunar New Year musings

trolling chatgpt. happy new year!

2 Likes

@meishijia

1 Like

Write a Chinese New Year Greeting in Traditional Chinese with a quote from Stoic Philosophy

“新年快樂! 不要讓昨天的錯誤, 毀了今天的幸福。”

(xīn nián kuài lè! bù yào ràng zuó tiān de cuò wù, huǐ le jīn tiān de xìng fú.)

This translates to: “Happy New Year! Don’t let yesterday’s mistakes ruin today’s happiness.”
The quote is an adaptation of a Stoic philosophy that encourage people to not dwell on past mistakes and instead focus on the present moment.

Give me a Chinese New Year Greeting in Traditional Chinese with a quote from Stoic Philosophy

“新年快樂! 放下過去, 擁抱未來。”

(xīn nián kuài lè! fàng xià guò qù, yōng bào wèi lái.)

This translates to: “Happy New Year! Let go of the past, embrace the future.” The quote is an adaptation of a Stoic philosophy that encourage people to not hold on to the past and instead focus on the present moment and the future.

Lunar new year greeting in traditional chinese with a quotation about good health

“農曆新年快樂! 健康是最高的財富。”

(nóng lì xīn nián kuài lè! jiàn kāng shì zuì gāo de cái fù.)

This translates to: “Happy Lunar New Year! Health is the greatest wealth.” The quote is a reminder that good health is the most valuable asset, and it’s worth more than any material possessions.

My spouse gave me this one because she said the others sounded a bit off: 玉兔迎春添新象 - so I asked ChatGPT what it thinks about it

What does this mean 玉兔迎春添新象

“玉兔迎春添新象” (yù tù yíng chūn tiān xīn xiàng) is a Chinese idiomatic expression. It can be translated to “Jade Rabbit welcomes spring and adds new symbols.” It is usually used to express the idea of a new beginning, a new start, or a fresh start. It refers to the Chinese myth of the Jade Rabbit, a symbol of prosperity, longevity, and good luck, that is said to live on the moon and make the elixir of immortality. In this context, the idiomatic expression could be used to express the idea of a new beginning, a new start, or a fresh start, with the symbol of the Jade Rabbit bringing prosperity, longevity and good luck.

I sent all of these to my business partners and asked them to choose one for our company greeting card. They chose the last one

1 Like