Cheap hotels in Narita, Japan?

I’ll be traveling to the States next Monday and coming back to Taiwan two weeks later. Since it’s the peak season and I didn’t reserve my tickets until a few weeks ago, I’m going to have a layover of 18 hours at Narita Airport in Japan, from 3:20 pm one day to 9:20 am the next morning.

I would like to spend the night at a hotel near the airport. I definitely don’t want to go all the way to Tokyo (which is more than an hour away) because I’ll be travelling with my wife and 3-year-old daughter and we’ll be carrying suitcases.

Using Google searches, I’ve found about a dozen hotels in Narita, but the cheapest price I’ve found so far (for a room for three people) is 12,000 yen, which is 3400 NT. But that’s still quite a lot of money, so I hope I can find something cheaper than this.

Aren’t there any cheap hotels in Narita?

Actually that’s quite cheap for Japan and near the airport. Did you try googling ryokan? sometimes the traditional places are a wee bit cheaper…when we visited Tokyo the cheapest double we found was around 8000yen in a kind of backpacker place!!

This is Japan we’re talking about - one of the world’s most expensive travel destinations. The term “cheap” is very relative. What I’d do is go and explore Narita during daylight hours, but sleep in the terminal. The terminal at Narita is open 24 hours.