Cheap renovator in Taipei - does anyone know one I can use?

Does anyone have any heads-up on any cheap builders, renovators? I have a 25 ping aprtment with 2 beds and 1 bath, with a walk-in closet. I’d like to split the whole aprtment into 2 x 12,5 ping suites or 3 tao fang with ensuite bathrooms. I’d like to do this at as low a cost as possible.

Its a pretty big job, has anyone ever done this before? If so, could you intro me to your builder?

I wouldn’t go for cheap in Taiwan … if you want t done well, some people on the board here have more experience than I regarding builders … but generally you need to keep an eye on them and again don’t go for cheap …

JohnnyT, if you can’t find someone who has done work with a sub-contractor that did a good job and at a decent price, I suggest you use the bidding process.

What you do is outline the specifics of your plans (be very specific; materials, sizes, etc.), and you send out a bid-sheet to maybe three to five different sub-contractors and they’ll contact you with a quote if they’re interested in doing your job.

This way, you’ll also get feedback on your project. Maybe you missed something out in the plans, and a sub-contractor calls you back to ask a question? You’ll also get the best value for your dollar, because they know that other sub-contractors are also bidding on your project.

Here is a link to an itemized bid sheet, which will give you a great idea of what you need to include on yours. Of course, yours must be in Chinese!

infoforbuilding.com/Download … sample.pdf

The bidding process is what builders do all the time; it saves them time and money, and gets them the best work.

Thanks Shawn

I’ll look up some of the localised bidding sites. Its a pity about this language barrier, otherwise this would not be such a burden for me. I’ll ask my SO to look around for me.