Cheaper areas to live in Taipei?

For cheap and convenient, try Sanchong. Not as expensive as Xindian and Yonghe, but it’s adjacent to the city with convenient MRT stops and lots of buses to the city.

Not true

Do you even use it?

Yes

Because parts of Songshan district changed to Xinyi district prices are getting crazy now. A first floor apartment in an old building (40 years+) goes now for 130,000 NT$ a month.

I’ve seen 5 bedroom apartments with yards for 20K right next to MRT stations in Hsintien. You just gotta jump on the good deals fast.

link a brotha up!

is that because they are going to turn those first floor apartments into claw machine parlours?

otherwise i don’t see why the first floor is in high demand. that floor gets the most roaches…

Yeah you have to be fast.

It’s just a first floor used as apartment with a small courtyard in front and wall, not really usable commercially unless you get permits to bring down that wall.

well it looks like your standard stuff you would find on 591 to me…

2 Likes

There are often good deals if you check regularly.

If the OP is planning to be here more than a year, consider getting a place without furniture. For a studio, you wouldn’t need much, and you can sell it when you leave. It’s a bigger hassle, but you save money in the end.

I wouldn’t live on the first floor usually except for quiet secure areas. Muzha has some better choices in that regard…Of course there are houses up the mountains but that’s different.

I looked through this a lot of small ping places…Not relevant for myself.