Checking who is buying & selling a stock - any other tips?

One of my co-workers in our finance department taught me how to check the daily transaction record of trading for a stock on the TWSE:

Step 1: Google this phrase: 每日交易日報表 [or you can just click this to Let Me Google That For You: bfy.tw/4QCv ]

Step 2: The first result is this page on the TWSE website: j.mp/1WHVthc

Step 3: Enter the stock ticker you are interested in + the 5-digit Spam Catcher code

You can download a CSV file. Remember that all of the names will be in Chinese. This is the name of Goldman Sachs (Asia) LLC: 1480 美商高盛亞 合計

That report is only available for the previous day of trading

Do you have any favorite pages or reports on the TWSE that help you track your positions? I like to use this one: 外資及陸資投資持股統計 mops.twse.com.tw/server-java/t13sa150_otc?step=0 – Column 7 tells us what percentage of a stock is owned by a Foreign Institutional Investor (like 1480 美商高盛亞 合計 - LOL!)

Can a foreigner invest in Taiwan’s stocks? Any regulations for that?

Just my personal opinion so take it for what it’s worth to you, but I don’t think anybody whether they are Taiwanese or a foreigner should pay any attention to the Taiwan stock market. Even if you were fluent and could do full fundamental analysis of companies before buying or selling, I still don’t see the point of it from a statistical perspective. The odds are stacked against you as far as picking long term winners as there just aren’t that many of them.

That’s the Taiwan stock market over the last 20 years, and when you back out the roughly 39% inflation we’ve seen over that same period you can see it’s down substantially from several different points in the past. Not exactly a confidence builder for the average investor who doesn’t have the time or experience to be actively trading.

Again just my :2cents: but I think you should focus on the US markets and some of the larger more stable European markets.

There’s a reason most investors in Taiwan stick to real estate. With stocks and bonds as bad as they are, real estate is really the only game in town here in Taiwan.

prosperitasassetmanagement.com/i … d-monthly/