Cheney, Gonzales indictment

The wheels of justice going to run over these two.

[quote]The highest-profile indictment charges Cheney and Gonzales with engaging in organized criminal activity. It alleges that the men neglected federal prisoners and are responsible for assaults in the facilities.
The grand jury traced a sketchy line between Cheney’s influence over the U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agency, which oversees the county’s federal immigrant detention center, and his substantial holdings in the Vanguard Group, which invests in private prison companies.
Combining those interests, the grand jury accused Cheney of a conflict of interest because the more the prison companies were paid to hold inmates, the better he did financially.
“It is appalling to find that numerous elected officials from different levels of our government throughout our country to our U.S. Vice President Richard B. Cheney, defendant, are profiting from depriving human beings of their liberty,” the indictment said.
The indictment accuses Gonzales of stopping an investigation into abuses at the federal detention center.[/quote]
Cheney, Gonzales indictment in Texas moves ahead

I don’t see them being convicted, but at least the case will drag on long enough to avoid a pardon from Bush. And if they are indicted, then we can legally torture them.

I suppose the main reason for the Republicans to be so hostile to effective law enforcement is because they’re more likely to get caught out on wacko schemes to profit from public office. Look at Delay, Duke Cunningham and so many others who have been nailed in recent years.

youtube.com/watch?v=pg20syIJvGE
A local news report. Cheney has 85 million invested in Vanguard which is in turn invested in the prisons under investigation. I’m not sure if that’s good enough of a connection for a conviction without other information, but it’s a lot of money.

Indictments of Cheney and Gonzales dismissed
Okay, move along folks. Nothing to see here.