🌄 Chiayi | Alishan National Scenic Area

Just quoting the news maybe it’s misleading “officially reopened on Monday (Nov. 20) after three years of extensive renovations.” :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh I see maybe the train was still running while they renovated the station got it.

Fixed it.

1 Like

Fixed my post too… :wink:

I took these pictures yesterday from this area on my way home from a trip to Taipei. Had a sea of clouds rolling over 石桌

4 Likes

Why would you ever want to leave with that land/cloud scape?

This location around 30 minute drive from where I live and I was on the way home. I can also see where the clouds roll over the mountains from my home.

I also took some long video of the sunset.

1 Like

I wish Shizhuo 石桌 area was not combined into the Alishan thread.

Not in Alishan National Scenic area which is like 30 km away.

This is a separate beautiful unique area. Now the comments are just lost in another thread.

It’s a separate spot with separate tourist activities and interests.

1 Like

Yep it’s a different area , so is RuiLi, also Meishan is different and down further south Cha Shan. It’s a bit like how all tea in Taiwan comes from Alishan.

It‘s all within the Alishan National Scenic Area. I think one main thread about this national scenic area is enough, unless there is a deep discussion about one particular part of it.

It is on the #18 Alishan Highway after all. I get your gist though as it’s not near the Recreation Area but close to Fenchi Hu. But turn right after the 7/11 then you are in aboriginal land areas for the Tsou Tribe.

This is the area covered by the Alishan National Scenic Area.

[Sorry, couldn’t find an English version]

Shizhuo has nice tea plantations, some easy-to-walk trails and some shops along the main highway. Not much more to talk about, really.

If people want to find out about places in the larger Alishan area, including Shizhuo, they can find them all in this thread. That is more helpful than having separate threads about small places with like a handful of posts, I believe.

I’m just down the road lol

169 ROAD

1 Like

At what altitude you live at?

I took the photo’s around 1600m altitude. I live in another part around 1000m altitude.

Alishan Forestry Railway to be fully reopened July 1st this year.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/news/5182340

1 Like