Child Birth Malpractice Lawsuit

Thank you all for your support. It always feels good to come here and talk to fellow forumosans. It’s the only place you can let out your frustrations and where’s there’s always a sympathetic ear to listen.

Just wanted to update everyone on the current status :

1. Thank God, the baby has finally started raising her right arm and moving it almost normally (though still less active than the left one). We still try to restrict it at night so she can heal better. This has made a big difference to how we feel now.

2. I tried to reach out to some local lawyers online. None weren’t interested.

3. I talked to my boss who is a law graduate (though not practicing). He advised me not to do it, even if I could find a willing lawyer. He basically said that the hospitals have a lot of resources and they will do whatever it takes to protect themselves. Even if the doctor / nurse did make a mistake, they will never admit it.

4. I had an opportunity to confront the doctor few days ago (this was 2 weeks after the delivery). He looked really worried to see me. Said he was sorry to hear about the baby’s shoulder (he already knew). When I asked him why it happened, he said he didn’t know why it happened.

5. Few days ago I setup an appointment with leading orthopedic doctor in KMU, who also happens to be the Dean. Following that I got a strange call from one of the delivery nurses inquiring about why I had set that appointment and asking about the baby’s arm.

Based on the encounter with the doctor and the call from the delivery nurse, I am really starting to feel that they are worried they really did do something wrong. Anyways, as everyone here has rightly pointed out, first and foremost I will focus on the baby and her health. Once it’s clear to me that her shoulder is okay and there’s no nerve damage, then perhaps I will follow the advice from @lotus425 and at least file a complaint with the hospital administrator. It doesn’t matter if they act on it or not. At least I should inconvenience them.

2 Likes