Children or adults

You may be right about this. However, I prefer children. The work is more stable and adults can be fussy sometimes :blush: .

Yeah, but they also know what they want, and they’re willing to learn and listen (unless you talk utter crap, which they’re rather quick at sussing out). :2cents:
There are, however, exceptions.

[quote]Yeah, but they also know what they want, and they’re willing to learn and listen[/quote]They may know what they want, but the fussiness may come from not being able to communicate what they want effectively.
Adults also want somebody they feel is their friend and this is where somebody who is a serious teacher and is really trying to correct their mistakes can get into trouble. The experience can hurt you there. It’s a balancing act with adults :s .

[quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”][quote]Yeah, but they also know what they want, and they’re willing to learn and listen[/quote]They may know what they want, but the fussiness may come from not being able to communicate what they want effectively.
Adults also want somebody they feel is their friend and this is where somebody who is a serious teacher and is really trying to correct their mistakes can get into trouble. The experience can hurt you there. It’s a balancing act with adults :s .[/quote]

I agree with you when you say it’s a balancing act teaching adults but I don’t quite follow you when you say correcting their mistakes can get you into trouble. :s

[quote=“Dougster”][quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”][quote]Yeah, but they also know what they want, and they’re willing to learn and listen[/quote]They may know what they want, but the fussiness may come from not being able to communicate what they want effectively.
Adults also want somebody they feel is their friend and this is where somebody who is a serious teacher and is really trying to correct their mistakes can get into trouble. The experience can hurt you there. It’s a balancing act with adults :s .[/quote]

I agree with you when you say it’s a balancing act teaching adults but I don’t quite follow you when you say correcting their mistakes can get you into trouble. :s[/quote]
I guess I should rephrase that to say that working hard to be a seriously good teacher can get you into trouble. Sometimes adults want a friend more than they want that.

[quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”][quote=“Dougster”][quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”][quote]Yeah, but they also know what they want, and they’re willing to learn and listen[/quote]They may know what they want, but the fussiness may come from not being able to communicate what they want effectively.

I agree with you when you say it’s a balancing act teaching adults but I don’t quite follow you when you say correcting their mistakes can get you into trouble. :s[/quote]
I guess I should rephrase that to say that working hard to be a seriously good teacher can get you into trouble. Sometimes adults want a friend more than they want that.[/quote]

I think some don’t really know what they want and that is where the problem starts.