China Airlines fire in Okinawa

You’d probably want a fag and a stiff drink too.

HG

heck YEAH !! i AINT lettin go of my DFS shitzu

Typical.

Situation 1: Plane is taxiing to the gate. It will be five minutes at least until the doors open and it’s possible to deplane.
Reaction from PAX: Get up and grab hand luggage NOW and beat other PAX to queue at the door.

Situation 2: Plane is on fire, emergency exits are open, slides are in place, crew are telling PAX to get out.
Reaction from PAX: Take time to retrieve hand luggage and duty-free goods before exiting burning plane.

:loco:

[quote]“The passengers saw the smoke first and they began to yell and demand that the doors be opened,” he said.

Inside the plane, passengers recalled a scene of panic.

“When the smoke started, people were just pushing and shoving each other,” said an unidentified female Taiwanese passenger.

“It was total chaos.” [/quote]
http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_6675310

Oh, it’s all better now: the airline’s given passengers US$100 red envelopes to demonstrate it’s sincerity in patching things up.

Is anyone else a member of their “Die nasty” frequent flyer program? I’m beginning to understand why they always smirk when I book return tickets!

:laughing:

most of the passengers are Taiwanese, it will probably end up being 10,000 USD per person by the time its done. A measly 100 doesnt cut it in anyones eyes. And the Japanese??? They will want LOTS more.

The aircraft had actually blocked-in, which would add a considerable plus factor to the survivability rate - only 1 cabin crew member sustained minor injuries.

But I cannot understand why the fire service took so long to get to the aircraft, and why the fire obviously took control so quickly.
It is a TOTAL write off, and a very sad sight, especially being a relatively new aircraft - an 800 series B737.

Some photos of the TOTALLY destroyed aircraft that you won’t see anywhere else (because the media don’t have access to this spot), appear on the aviation website, www.PIREP.org at this location
pirep.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5462

Regardless, the crew (and passengers) all did a very good job in evacuating with death or serious injury. :bravo:

By the look of things, it could have gone the other way with just a minor hiccup.

Thank Kaptain -
FAA & Boeing are on scene now. The ‘fuel leak’ story is interesting.

[quote=“PIREP.org”]The aircraft had actually blocked-in, which would add a considerable plus factor to the survivability rate - only 1 cabin crew member sustained minor injuries.

But I cannot understand why the fire service took so long to get to the aircraft, and why the fire obviously took control so quickly.
It is a TOTAL write off, and a very sad sight, especially being a relatively new aircraft - an 800 series B737.

Some photos of the TOTALLY destroyed aircraft that you won’t see anywhere else (because the media don’t have access to this spot), appear on the aviation website, www.PIREP.org at this location
pirep.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5462

Regardless, the crew (and passengers) all did a very good job in evacuating with death or serious injury. :bravo:

By the look of things, it could have gone the other way with just a minor hiccup.[/quote]

Great link, PIREP.org. Thanks very much for posting this.

I think you meant to say “without death or serious injury” though, right? :wink:

Possible silver lining in the cloud: Most people in the West will probably read the story “China Airlines jet explodes” as, well, a Chinese airline’s jet exploding.

[quote=“alidarbac”]Possible silver lining in the cloud: Most people in the West will probably read the story “China Airlines jet explodes” as, well, a Chinese airline’s jet exploding.[/quote]Yep. Newspapers back home are reporting it as “Plane explodes in China”. None mention it is Taiwan’s national airline.

Seriously? Well, I shouldn’t be surprised, as it’s just what we would expect from these lax news agencies. The incident occurred in Japan, not China, regardless of the carriers origin.

The better half, mentioned she saw something on the news about them spending 30 mins covering the logo on the tailfin with white paint… she said officials said it was international law to do it. She thinks they were just trying to hide it which would not surprize me, though a little late as all the decent pictures have already been gotten… :loco:

Isn’t that Airline meant to have changed name by now, along with the dozens of other state-owned companies using China in their name when we are not China?

who-sucks.com/business/china … age-of-jet

here is some coverage of the whitening of the china airlines logo on the wreckage.
shame!!! just shows me they dont really take it seriously and try to cover it up afterwards in order to minimize public pressure.

CAL name change refused :wink:

believe it or not, the biggest obstacle to changing China Airlines to Taiwan Airlines is CHINA itself. China does not allow CAL to change its name and keep over flying Chinese airspace.

Bollocks. Do they currently fly over Chinese airspace? It’s got more to do with losing landing rights and having to reapply for them.