China Breaches Taiwan Air defense

Happens every day.

They do seem to be getting bolder though.

Take them down!

2 Likes

A map provided by the ministry showed the Chinese aircraft flew in between the southern part of Taiwan and the Taiwan-controlled Pratas Islands in the South China Sea, though still well away from mainland Taiwan.

That’s what China wants.

The moment Taiwan shoots down a Chinese aircraft they have their excuse to invade in retaliation.

3 Likes

This has been going on all through 2020. Do it regularly, get everybody used to it and after a while people stop complaining. Similar to the artificial islands in the South China Sea.

1 Like

Yes and also the adiz while generally respected by most countries is not actually a red line that when crossed triggers defensive actions. It’s considered an aggressive act but not one that can be acted on.

2 Likes

Yesterday it was 13. Today 15. Bombers and attack planes. US responded with a statement and a show of force.

4 Likes

Fucking Chinese sons of a Mao.

1 Like

When China does something, anything, punishment will be harsh and swift!

1 Like

It also costs Taiwan a lot of money.

1 Like

I’m not sure what punishment you are in a position to administrate.

1 Like

You’ll see, surprise.

That’s right. The goal is to wear out Taiwan’s airforce.
You can trace back this move from China’s repeated incursions in to Japanese Senkaku Islands, causing Japan lots of money. It started in the Obama administration, during which Joe Biden as VP took bribe from China through Hunter

3 Likes

Honestly they should stop responding unless a large force is obviously mobilizing. Let China wear out its airplanes and fuel. Maybe lock missiles just in case. Technically China is allowed to fly there so not much else can be done anyway.

1 Like

That’s true. Just be on standby and track vigilantly.

There are only a few months of the year where an amphibious assault is even possible. And it takes months to mobilize with Taiwan able to know months before if an assault will began. Only 3 real landing sites as well so it’s not a surprise.

What will be key is how US responds. A strong US response will be a better deterrent to China.

2 Likes

The Americans have said many times to stop with the active responses and only do passive responses with the active threats on stand by. Taiwan is trying to show the world they can be a tough guy. Taiwan’s response is not only a show to China by the west as well. Remember that Taiwan needs the west. So they need to show the west that they are capable.

Also America has said that Taiwan may have to defend its self for unto 30 days if a landing invasion takes place before the west can muster up a defensive force. Obviously this is a huge issue for Taiwan.

Taiwan has requested American assistance. America has passive assets in the south and in the north. Radar, sonar, listening beacons, radio stations ect. But they can’t have an active force on the island that is too obvious.

China also has been sending in their submarines, both their research and military versions scanning for possible hiding sports for American subs. Remember that in the ocean you can hide in plan sight using nature to your advantage. That is where American subs have an advantage. Their sensors are very good at finding these hiding spots. Hiding under jellyfish is one that I couldn’t believe at first. And other is using plankton as a hiding spot, then you have others. :wink:

But China’s subs have weaknesses which I won’t go into. But they are very easy for the Americans to hide from. Remember China based their sub designs on Russian designs.

1 Like

In any hot conflict, the issue for the US is not the capability. It has that. It’s the will. The concern is that with domestic distractions and a justifiably war-weary population, the US might deal with Chinese aggression less forcefully than it should.

1 Like

I agree. But the America responses so far make me confident that they will intervene. Maybe not right away but they will defend their turf in the pacific.

I suspect they would too, but the issue for all of us in Taiwan is what happens in the meantime. It’s nice to know that Team America will probably come, but if you’re in the war zone when the shooting starts, you might not be around long enough to hear “America FUCK YEAH! Comin’ again to save the motherfuckin’ day, yeah!”