China in My Eyes----Sharing Your Photos in China

Introduction
China, the extraordinary enchanting beauty of poetic and picturesque land has attracted increasing number of foreign people, like you, travel and live in China. Each of you had your own unique experience in China trip. To share your cherish photos with other friends from all over the world, rather than put them in the album. Join in the activity—“China in My Eyes” hold by China Service mall, showing your unique experience and share your interesting stories.

Award setting:

1. If people join, they can get 100 points in the China Service Mall Client Gifts Center mall.at0086.com ,and they can exchange the unique Chinese characteristic gifts and services

2.Five awards are set for five themes

natural scenery photo award

scenic spots photo and historic interests photo award

cityscapes photo award

human landscapes photo award

unique views photo award

One picture will be elected as the golden award for each themes
The owners of every award photo will win a free tour in China

3.And there will be 20 pictures elected as the honorable mention, which the owners of each award photo will get 400 points in the China Service Mall Client Gifts Center mall.at0086.com .
The 400 points can exchange the unique Chinese characteristic gifts and services in the China Service Mall Client Gifts Center

Detailed information:

1. All the pictures should be original, descriptions added will be grateful.

2. The activity opens to the foreigners, no limited nationalities.

3. Ways of participating
    By email: promotion@chinaservicemall.com
    By MSN: at0086service01@hotmail.com
    In the forum of China Service Mall: bbs.at0086.com

4.No limited accounts of photos but, pay attention: one photo for one post.

Judge details
E-friends and judges from China Service Mall will be responsible for the judge process.
Judges from e-friends and China Service Mall account for 80% and 20% of the result, respectively.
Following aspects will be considered while judging:
1.Themes of the photo: showing the Chinese culture
2.Originality of the photo: all the pictures should be shooting by yourselves.
3. Description of the photo: rich description added below the photo will add marks for your photo.

Entry Submission: 2009.03.16----2009.05.16

Entry Evaluation: 2009.05.17——2009.05.31

Winners to be announced: 2009.06.1

the prize-winning pictures will be showed in the forum of China Service Mall in 2009.06.01
and meanwhile we will contact the winners by e-mail. Please submit your true e-mail address.

All the legal rights are reserved to China Service Mall.

Anyone remember ‘Fancy Taiwan’?

Theme: Chinese culture? Do you mean spitting in the street and ripping off ‘foreigners’? Closing Tibet off to ‘foreigners’, recently? Or the Chinese boats harrassing US ships in waters they had every right to be in?

I took a couple of nice pics but they were in the mountains. China, the parts with people, was just dirty and crap. All the ‘cultural’ stuff such as temples were dead and empty and you had to pay a special foreigner price to get in. The temples were all ‘restored’ using the same paint and artwork. China is really really boring and absolutely incomparable to Taiwan.

I got a few nice shots of mountains in China, too. But then some guy came and yelled at me, telling me I couldn’t take pictures there because those were “secret geological formations.”

I’m not making that up.

[quote=“cranky laowai”]
I got a few nice shots of mountains in China, too. But then some guy came and yelled at me, telling me I couldn’t take pictures there because those were “secret geological formations.”

I’m not making that up.[/quote]

Hehe! ‘We have secret special rocks in China.’

I’m thinking of submitting this shot. What do you think?

The door’s closed.

Some of us travel or live in China, but most of us don’t. This is a Taiwan-based website…

can we post photos of street riots, pollution, dog-clubbing, slave labour, organ transplant hospitals, and police brutality? cool!

But they don’t exist, silly.

If you join, you get a free house.

[quote]2.Five awards are set for five themes

natural scenery photo award

scenic spots photo and historic interests photo award

cityscapes photo award

human landscapes photo award

unique views photo award[/quote]

I guess “human landscapes” means photographing (Chinese) female nudes as if they were landscapes? Two mountains (or hills), the cave, the bush and other arty stuff like that. Please correct me if I am wrong.

[quote=“almas john”]
I guess “human landscapes” means photographing (Chinese) female nudes as if they were landscapes? Two mountains (or hills), the cave, the bush and other arty stuff like that. Please correct me if I am wrong.[/quote]

Nutbush city limits?

[quote=“ciwufeibiwu”]Introduction
China, the extraordinary enchanting beauty of poetic and picturesque land has attracted increasing number of foreign people, like you, travel and live in China.[/quote]

Might want to start by dropping the whole us vs them “Foreigner” vs “Chinese” mentality. Why not call people tourists? Is it really that hard? Anyways, I’ve already had a blood transfusion and joined the magical Han ethnicity, so you can call me comrade now.

Oh…I guess ethnic Chinese can’t be tourists in China. :cactus:

Re: China in Your Eyes?

Dear Chuck,

It’s nice of you to invite us to share our experiences, or “photos,” as you call them.

Of course, you mean all the grit and stuff blowing in the wind? 'cos I get China in my eyes that way all the time, too, don’t worry.

You’ll get used to it, or you get a car.

Yours,

Bob.

ooh, you bring up an interesting point. what if this post was made with the intention of inferring taiwan is part of china, and that the “living and traveling in china” part was actually referring to living/traveling in taiwan?? someone try submitting pictures of taiwan and see what happens.