🇨🇳 China | Luggage shipping service from Taiwan to mainland China

Hello everyone, I was searching if there are a way to send big bags from Taiwan to the main land as I travel with a toddler so it will be better to move with less bags. I make search I found the shipping like DHL or UPS offer bigger boxes with limit 25 KG but I was looking for something more cheaper or specializes in luggage specifically. Thank you very much in advance

Check the post office, generally the cheapest however they probably will not handle electronics or dutiable goods.

https://www.sps-tw.com.tw/precautions12.html

I found this. I’m sure there are other companies like it. No idea the cost. I know for china to Taiwan there’s a ton of shipper who do this for taobao purchase.

Taiwan exports a lot of stuff to china as well.

This is sea shipping by the way.

Post office is only good for small items.

Hey! Guess what?
Donald Trump Wrong GIFs | Tenor

What a surprise!

Real news from Taiwan Post Office Welcome to Chunghwa POST - Postal Services

That sea shipping have much looser size and weight restrictions.

Small means less than 30kg, but even at 20kg shipping price is likely to become high, approaching ups or DHL.

Hey! Guess what?

Donald Trump Wrong GIFs | Tenor

What a surprise!

No sane person would consider 30kg of luggage “small”.

Really? According to the post office website linked above, shipping 20kg with total size of 1L+2W+2*H not exceeding 300cm would cost NT$1,450 surface and NT$2,230 by air.

From DHL shipping 20kg with a size of 100X50X50cm would cost NT$18,157.

So 8 to 12 times more expensive, is that “approaching DHL”?

The OP wants to ship luggage, unless they’ve filled the luggage with lead (not bullet shaped) there’s no sane reason to use freight shipping. How much does your recommended shipping cost? Oh, that’s right, you don’t have any idea.

3 Likes

taobao

Wow, that seems pretty reasonable! It never once crossed my mind to use the post for conveying lead balloons to China. I wonder what level of paperwork hassle is likely on the receipt side?

1 Like

It seems as long as it’s not bullet shaped lead all should be fine!

1 Like