šŸ‡ØšŸ‡³ China | Traveling in China

Been 2 for me, I hear Dali has changed a lot :wink:

Its wild that everyones excited that you can now connect foreign cards to WeChat Pay as a tourist. That should be basic. What kind of a place locks tourists out of their main payment system, that you need for everything

1 Like

Dali is the place for Chinese hipsters now. A big thing to do is rent sports cards and cruise around the lake. Lots of upmarket boutique hotels. Its quite a chic resort town

Not dreadlocked Germans smoking weed in backpacker bars anymore.

I remember lots of Canadians, and some other random nationalities. I had a good time when it was a backpackerā€™s semi-secret place

I would have liked to go back for Tibet, probably wonā€™t happen now, but some interesting Tibetan areas in north west Yunnan

Yunnan js absolutely enormous, as are Xinjiang and Tibet and Szechuan. There must be amazing little known places there still.
I also want to visit Wuxi and Fujian mountain areas.

I agree.

Guy

Big problem is that Chinese people had a huge boost in disposable income over the last decade and domestic tourism skyrocketed. Most places and experiences are now targeted to the demands of locals.

There is a lot of quality eco-tourism and low-key resorts and destinations developing, but places like Yangshuo and Dali are basically Phuket or Cancun now

Would love to fly to Chengdu, eat some awesome food, go to drink in some speakeasies, see some pandas and maybe some hikes in Western Sichuan. But fuck all the trouble these days

I have family coming to Asia this year.

They asked if they should go to China and I have said no. Thereā€™s way too much better more convenient easier things to do in Asia and you get as good or better Chinese cultural exposure in taiwan.

Iā€™m thinking of moving to china.

But I donā€™t know what itā€™s like and I got some Chinese friends who thinks it will be great.

Iā€™m wanting to go to Beijing and maybe find a guitar company to work atā€¦ Taiwan has like none.

Will be fine
Get a good vpn
Get a good air purifier
Find Taiwanese and foreign friends so you can vent a bit
Make local friends so you can understand whatā€™s going on
Donā€™t talk about politics with anyone and basically stay in your bubble
If you are making enough money then this lifestyle is fine as you can afford to live somewhere nice, take foreign vacations and eat and drink in decent places

As long as you know what you are getting in beforehand, then itā€™s fine

1 Like

I would not care to live in Beijing unless on some type of outrageous expat package or some other type of incentive or connection or reason to be there. Like deeply involved in business, art, banking, government related,

Shanghai and so many other places are a happier lifestyle.

Some cities are popular and famous for locals and foreigners musicians performing producing and everything else maybe thereā€™s some connection there. I think Chungdu might be one of them or the main one

Honestly I just want to move somewhere freezing. Iā€™m sick of hot weather. Taiwan is always hot.

Ha! Beijing itā€™s cold and also dirty. Not enough of anything to make it look pretty so it just gets dirty streets and dirty air.

How about Harbin.

Harbin can be generally pretty all seasons.

I guess I just gotta see if thereā€™s jobs there.

How do I find jobs in china? Do they have their version of 104 or 1111?

Guangzhou is the production powerhouse. Maybe thereā€™s certain cities or areas in China that are the musical instrument production areas. Might be worth a vacation to those areas.

So best way to find jobs is to visit them in person?

Itā€™s a fucking pain to cold contact a Chinese company, considering they donā€™t read emails.

Just find some companies and message them on WeChat

1 Like