China's Population Decline is Da Bomb

but they’ve mostly run out of things to steal, and all i’ve seen about their innovation is hype

you realize this works both ways, right?

It works every way. Actually don’t get what you mean. I see the same behaviour in China though and the same “experts” making bank over predicting US demise.

1 Like

Alright, then nothing to worry about

Sorry could not resist.

1 Like

sorry, i don’t get the reference…

i’m not particularly worried, just sitting here listening to metallica and thinking bruce springsteen is overrated like jacky chan

IOTW I pay attention to what people actually say? Yea, it’s a bad habit of mine.
"China’s doomed. "
“China in ten years will not exist as a functional state, assuming it’s a country at all.”
“They’re done.We’re just watching them die at this point.”
And, of course “This iswhat a country looks like when it is going out of history.”
Mildly hyperbolic? I’d say full blown whack-a-doodle.

1 Like

Yes, 1989 forever

This report came out last week from Harvard Kennedy school and highlighted reasons to be concerned though.

I’m old, that is a 2001 reference to amazing “future technology” from the movie Monsters Inc. For me, somehow it made sense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you argue the demographics as well, or simply feel his conclusions are off?

This is OT for this thread, is it not?

Its obvious, Japan is going to win :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kinda on topic. If the transition to a less labor intensive high tech economy

It’s a nice demonstration of this earlier statement:

As for:

that’s a very polite way to say they basically stole everything to get where they are, and haven’t really demonstrated the capacity to innovate very far (perhaps ahead in some areas of manufacturing, but where exactly in R&D: be specific). i still just see hype and theft.

Still remains to be seen

Any kind of transition to less labor intensive economy implies what, that their impended demographic crash was planned by the all powerful Pooh as well?

No, why would it implied it’s planned?

I don’t think it says anything like that at all. You can read through the Harvard report if you want.

Mao killed off what, 60,000,000 peasants. China has different rules if you haven’t noticed. Release a pandemic on your home turf and hope for the best out of the economy. That’s dark. Not necessarily fiction either.