Chinese advise China to bomb Australia

When I was a young man I carried my pack, and I lived the life of a rover…

1 Like

They’re probably happy enough to send the message. I doubt they actually intend to do it - at least not as a first resort. It’ s just not the Chinese Way. Buying people is far cheaper than bombing them, and more effective.

Not dissimilar to the Roman terms of old: join the empire and have peace and prosperity, or we’ll kick seven shades of shit out of you.

Probably. Mind games work incredibly well, especially when people are already paranoid.

It’s from the Global Times. They’re always screaming about something.

2 Likes

Exactly, I wouldn’t read anything into that mouthpiece at all.

Yes it’s the war of thousand cuts. The new Cold War.

Australia should just stop selling them iron ore.

but that would kill their economy.

but less than that same iron ore coming back as steel in Chinese warships would.

3 Likes

The state that the US is in, I won’t be surprised if California legislators say we won’t interfere if China bombs Texas.

And vice versa. Let’s face it, US has no influence in Asia anymore. Those days are gone.

2 Likes

Once again, an extreme overreaction. Any Aussie military component in the hypothetical battle for Taiwan will be insignificant compared to US (and Taiwanese) capacity.

Also, if a conflict breaks out, a long-distance attack on Australia is about the last action China can and should prioritse, they will have their hands full.

1 Like

Australia could turn out to be China’s Eastern Front, if the US were to play its cards right … :popcorn:

The Xi pops his clogs is the day I dance in the street. It can’t happen soon enough. Unfortunately, these dictator types all seem to last forever. Look at how long Mugabe and Castro hung around for.

2 Likes

I remember being happy when I heard Pol Pot finally carked.

China can’t bomb Australia because a a significant portion of the collateral will be their own citizens

Better yet should stop shipping them Uranium!

Ummm… not much of a problem for them.

4 Likes

Indeed. The CCP don’t usually give much of a toss about their citizens.

Okay fair point uh, how about a significant portion of the collateral will be their own party member’s assets

3 Likes

That’s more like it.

1 Like

Someone make the Drake meme

1 Like

I am pleased to aim

from Imgflip Meme Generator

7 Likes

This point is where a war is greatly in their favor. The west has elections and needs to at least appear to care about its citizens. China doesnt have that burden at all.

At what point is advanced tech not enough to win against numbers?

Never fear the Pommy nuclear subs will help you turn China into radio active ash for a century.or two , as long as you do not mind freezing over for a summer or two.