Chinese Copy-cats ripping off foreign car designs

Check out this article. Intersting as I doubt we would see these in Taiwan. Is China starting to export vehicles?

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000503040395/

Check out the first photo for the similarities between China’s Shuanghuan S-RV and Honda’s CRV. Total ripoff. Damn blatent. I like where they point out in the article that no one has ever won an IPR case when they sued a China company in China.

Here is another article, this time about Bricklin working with Chery (look kind of like Chevy?) in China to export cars to the USA. I also read a story recently that Europe is worried about China made cars dominating the world they way the Japanese did.

autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102165

Are a lot of these autoparts companies in China Taiwanese owned or managed? What about the Chery or the other “China” brands. I only ask this because a large portion of the factories in other industries in China are managed and/or owned by people from Taiwan.

Yeah. American cars have four wheels and an engine and run on gasoline. Those Chinese cars are exactly the same! What a f*%!ing ripoff!

[Moderator’s note: some material removed from this post and placed in another thread]

Ever heard of the Supershuffle?

Ever heard of the Supershuffle?[/quote]

Ever heard of Windows?

China now has intellectual property from Rover, gained before Rover fell apart last week.

They signed all the contracts for a merge with a Chinese automotive company and when the deal was struck and information passed over the Chinese broke the contract. The Chinese company decided they wanted nothing to do with Rover but now they have the “Know how.”

Expect some Chinese Rover designs in the near future.

Ever heard of the Supershuffle?[/quote]

Ever heard of Windows?[/quote]

Heh, good point. Just goes to show that this kind of behavior goes on all over the place.

[Moderator’s note: some material removed from this post and placed in another thread]

copying products is the cheapest,sneakiest,uncreative,backstabbing,fu…you,sounds like China to u

oh sure… those nasty communists running around copying other companies products again eh?.. nothing like the honest, god fearing, democratic Taiwanese who never rip off anything…

yep, all those Kymco and GuanYang bikes and scooters and engines were a product of good old fashioned Taiwanese creativity and originality… nothing to do with Japan really… and all those DaTung appliances had nothing to do with reverse engineered Western/Japanese products… and pirated software and DVD’s is one thing you just won’t find on the streets of Taiwan… no sir…

Simply despicable how the mainlanders can stoop to such dirty tactics of copying other peoples products… They need to be taught a lesson in good old fashioned Taiwanese creativity, imagination and honesty…

:unamused:

This simply HAS to be the funniest one Hobart has ever posted! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“plasmatron”]
yep, all those Kymco and GuanYang bikes and scooters and engines were a product of good old fashioned Taiwanese creativity and originality…[/quote]I get your point mate, but KYMCO and Sanyang did actually produce those bikes under license, and if I’m not mistaken the early ones were on tools they bought from Honda Japan. Oh, and the scooter engines they put out now are all designed in Europe.
Of course Hartford and all the 3rd level ‘your-logo-here’ vendors are guilty as charged.

What amazes me though is the difference in speed. A Taiwanese vendor will have some product copied as soon as it becomes popular. The Chinese however have often got the copy on the market before the original! :notworthy: :help:

This simply HAS to be the funniest one Hobart has ever posted! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]
I think he means the actual cars, not this level of skullduggery… :wink:

Japanese cars have always been made with pride, great materials, and first rate engineering. Everyone knows that anything that comes out of taiwan and China is disposeable shit that’s priced accordingly. People around the world don’t like cars that break down. Ask the guys at Yugo or the early Hyundai (powered my mitsubishi for the first 15 years or so).

Hmmmm. Pay Nissan a squillion quid a year in licence fees, or just copy their cars and sell them with impunity. Hmmm. Let’s put that one to the shareholders. And the major shareholder is… the Chinese government !!! Bad, nasty, Chinese government!

Here is one Chinese car design that shows us why they end up stealing designs from other companies. Their designs suck!

Guess no one has to worry about China cars for a while.

By the way, does that logo on the grill look a cross between the Lexus and Subaru marks? I thought the Chinese hated the Japanese, yet they flatter them with imitation so often.

Here is the brief http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000907041013/

You the only thing worse than it’s looks is that poorly designed everything under the chassis and inside the interior.

Yep, the ugliness isn’t just skin-deep :wink:

Now the Chinese are copying the Rolls Royce, see the article here as Rolls gets Shanghaied! This company makes the official rides for the Chinese Communist Party leaders.
autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102271

[Moderator’s note: material removed from this post and placed in another thread.]

I wanted to split the thread but it would have been too messy.

If people want to continue to talk about politics that’s fine of course but I’ll move the whole thread over to the relevant forum. Otherwise let’s keep this a discussion about cars.

Joesax: if you want to delete the solely political posts, I will edit out the spat with Poagao from my own car posts.