Chinese judge dies of "Sudden Adult Death Syndrome" in jail

[quote=“The Australian”]A CHINESE judge charged with corruption died in his cell from “adult sudden death syndrome”, Xinhua news agency said today.

Investigators said Li Chaoyang, 38, had been unco-operative while in detention in Xing’an county in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in southwestern China.

“Cuts on his face and other injuries” had been caused by a fall during an escape attempt, they said…[/quote]

More here: theaustralian.news.com.au/st … 02,00.html

[quote=“ShrimpCrackers”][quote=“The Australian”]A Chinese judge charged with corruption died in his cell from “adult sudden death syndrome”, Xinhua news agency said today.

Investigators said Li Chaoyang, 38, had been unco-operative while in detention in Xing’an county in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region in southwestern China.

“Cuts on his face and other injuries” had been caused by a fall during an escape attempt, they said…[/quote]

More here: theaustralian.news.com.au/st … 02,00.html[/quote]

i thought that was a made-up term till i googled it!!

and now i know 20 years after the event that this is what my first-ever girlfriend died from (she had just finished a half-marathon)…sorry, completely off-topic i guess but i thought i’d share it with ya…

anyway where were we…oh yeah them nasty chinese authorities…in view of amnesty’s report on them i guess it’s time to get a boycott movement going…what were the IOC thinking giving them the games; it’ll be berlin '36 all over again…

Isn’t that called “Dropping dead?”

yes, quite. i always used to tell the story “my first gf dropped dead on finishing a half-marathon”

now I shall say “my first gf died of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome” …it has a certain je ne sais quoi which will render the story more poignant :wink:

Well, I guess it’s better than Agonizing and Protracted Adult Death by ESL Syndrome.

I’m dreading Beijing 2008. If it is seen to be a success, can you imagine how obnoxious the mainland patriots are going to be?

[quote=“almas john”]Well, I guess it’s better than Agonizing and Protracted Adult Death by ESL Syndrome.

I’m dreading Beijing 2008. If it is seen to be a success, can you imagine how obnoxious the mainland patriots are going to be?[/quote]

“the horror, the horror…”

yes, quite…it’s almost worth an act of self-immolation in tiananmen square just to rain on their parade…

“freedom for Tooting!”

Did you hear that ac-dropout will be lighting the Olympic flame?

SADS: one promising theory is that something seems to stop the heart for long enough that the ryhythm cannot be reestablished. Nobody knows what yet. It does seem to happen more often in fit young people who have just finished exercising.

I’m not sure if “attempting to escape” is a known trigger of SADS.

Ah yes, you’re thinking the cardiac traditional SADS. This one is a variant.

The Chinese Sudden Adult Death Syndrome variant has a long history actually.

It can happen with two bullets to the head or a sudden massive prisoner organ donation.

It can happen anytime. Sometimes its caused by the prisoner beating himself up too much or a sudden case of outspokenness. Talking too much about democracy, saying bad stuff about the CCP are other known early signs of the Chinese variant of SADS.

With Zhang Yi Mou and Steven Spielberg directing the opening ceremony, I’m sure it will be really cool.

I’m sure when grease ball CSB hair touches the flames, extra sparks will be flying, and I’ll be able to hear Taiwan cheering me on… :laughing:

Steven Spielberg. Wow. One hopes his star rises yet further in Hollywood as a result of this. Reifenstahl eat your heart out.

One can only wonder what people like Clooney (wake up, world, and smell the Sudan coffee) and Gere (Tibet is only part of China by invasion, not by culture or history) must be thinking of him.

And ac, i thought you’d be happy to light the flame. Your sparkling wit and dashing haircut would be the talk of the moment. Your politics would not factor into the discussion at all. After all, the Olympics are devoid of political implications. … Aren’t they?

Richard Gere is banned from entering India, so I have no idea how is going to visit to Tibetian in exile anymore… :laughing:

If I go to the Beijing Olympics, I will be there to support the ROC athletes in the ancient Taiwanese martial art of Taekwondo. So when you see that gentleman with the movie star looks, the air of culture, and refined graceful movement, patting the young nubile Taiwanese butts of female team members as they enter the ring, shed a tear for me knowing that I will be wearing underwear with the ROC flag printed on them.

Because even though it looks like I’m in deep thought about strategizing the match to ensure victory for the ROC team, I will be really thinking “should I streak now or should I streak later?”

[quote=“ShrimpCrackers”]Ah yes, you’re thinking the cardiac traditional SADS. This one is a variant.

The Chinese Sudden Adult Death Syndrome variant has a long history actually.

It can happen with two bullets to the head or a sudden massive prisoner organ donation.

It can happen anytime. Sometimes its caused by the prisoner beating himself up too much or a sudden case of outspokenness. Talking too much about democracy, saying bad stuff about the CCP are other known early signs of the Chinese variant of SADS.[/quote]

:bravo: that was excellent.