Chinese Study in Tainan

I’ve called the department of language studies at Cheng Gung Uni and they seem to have no knowledge of any Chinese classes. But I KNOW there are folks studying there!! Does anyone know where exactly the language department is?

Also, are there any other alternatives (good ones) for studying Chinese in Tainan, or am I just better off continuing on my own and recruiting a private teacher?

why not Mainland China? I think the accent is better and standard in mainland where most people speak mandarin Chinese.

another issue is that if there’s military action in the Taiwan strait, you will regret your choice of going to Taiwan for study. :laughing: just kidding and suggestions.

I finally have a use for the Ignore button!

Here is the Chenggong University Chinese Language Center website.

ncku.edu.tw/~lang/langcenter … /main.html

Everything you need should be there.

[quote=“usmaster81”]why not Mainland China? I think the accent is better and standard in mainland where most people speak Mandarin Chinese.

another issue is that if there’s military action in the Taiwan strait, you will regret your choice of going to Taiwan for study. :laughing: just kidding and suggestions.[/quote]

First off, I’ve been living in Taiwan, Tainan, for two years now. I also have no intention of leaving any time soon. I’ve been studying on my own (utilising friends and LE for practise sessions) using the Audio Visual series for quite some time now. I don’t (as is the case with English) consider any accent to be better than any other, and endeavour to be able to understand both. In the same way that a student of English should be able to understand spoken English from North America, England, South Africa or Australia and New Zealand.

I realise you’re just kidding, and I respond in the spirit of that. I seriously doubt there’ll be any military action over Taiwan. This is not the thread to discuss this topic, so I’ll leave it at that.

Thirdly, I haven’t had any available time until recently to even consider taking formal Chinese lessons. I used to work way out of Tainan and just couldn’t accommodate it. Now I work closer to home and I have more time and opportunity to do this. However, having called Cheng Gung Uni, they seemed to have no knowledge of any Chinese classes offered at the language school. Now I know places like Taichung, Kaohsuing and Taipei have more than one avenue available and hence my post. Trying to fish out if anyone knows of any other institutions in Tainan other than Cheng Gung or where exactly the Language dept is so that I can go there.

Thanks for the reply though.

[quote=“funkymonkey”]Here is the Chenggong University Chinese Language Center website.

ncku.edu.tw/~lang/langcenter … /main.html

Everything you need should be there.[/quote]

Thanks Funky Monkey. The site was quite useful.