"Chinese Taipei" baseball cap?

Does anyone know any stores that sell the blue “Chinese Taipei” baseball caps?

Thanks for the help.

Why not try to find one that says “Taiwan”?
Don’t buy into this political crap.
Just go to the gift shop of any big hotel. They should have some.
Or, if you insist, I can direct you to a shop that sells local baseball stuff (that’s why you want one, yes?). I can’t give you the address now, cause I’d have to go there to find it again.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Why not try to find one that says “Taiwan”?
Don’t buy into this political crap. [/quote]

Good Luck on finding it!! If we can’t wear a baseball uniforms that says Taiwan when we played, what makes you think they will make one here??
But Wolf, let us know where we can find a baseball shirt as well.

Thanks!

I knew that I might ruffle some feathers with this post, and I didn’t mean to do so. I didn’t want to get into the whole implications of wearing the hat.

I just wanted to buy a blue cap with the “C” and the “T.” But now that we are on the subject, would wearing this hat be offensive to independence activists?

I know that everyone was out last week watching the games and cheering the team. For how popular the national team is, though, I thought it was strange that so few people are wearing the team’s mearchandise or colors (in contrast to the many who are wearing their nation’s jerseys at the Rugby World Cup).

That’s why I posted the question here: to see if I was missing out on something. I walked through large areas of Gong guan yesterday but did not see any national baseball caps for sale (but plenty of Nike products, though).

Thanks, Wolf. I know that there are probably plenty of these. Or remember the A-Bian mao zi. I think that having a "Chinese Taipei"at the very least will mean having a good souvenir someday.

So, yes, if you don’t mind, if you could find and post the address of that shop, I would be much obliged.

[quote]But now that we are on the subject, would wearing this hat be offensive to independence activists?
[/quote]
I seriously doubt it. People realize that this is what Taiwan is forced to be called in international sports and they back the team, not the name.
I will look up the shop tomorrow if I don’t space it out…I’ll write a note on the back of my hand right now. :sunglasses:

Mr. Fee,
Here is the place:
Bei Mem Athletic Equipment Co., Ltd.
Chengde Road, Section 4, No. 106,
Shihlin District, Taipei
Tel: 2886-1467
Web site: northdoor.com.tw
E-mail: nd5442@ms41.hinet.net

Chinese Taipei caps will be in stock Nov. 20 and will cost NT$490.
They currently have T-shirts with the Chinese Taipei logo on the front and a big number on the back for NT$500 (the largest size is 2XL).

They also have the best selection of real gloves and bats I have ever seen in Taiwan.

Thank you very much, good sir.

I appreciate your help, and I will be heading up that way after November 20.

Once again, thanks for the information.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Mr. Fee,
Here is the place:
Bei Mem Athletic Equipment Co., Ltd.
Chengde Road, Section 4, No. 106,
Shilin District, Taipei
Tel: 2886-1467
Web site: northdoor.com.tw
E-mail: nd5442@ms41.hinet.net

Chinese Taipei caps will be in stock Nov. 20 and will cost NT$490.
They currently have T-shirts with the Chinese Taipei logo on the front and a big number on the back for NT$500 (the largest size is 2XL).

They also have the best selection of real gloves and bats I have ever seen in Taiwan.[/quote]

Wolf,
Do you know if this shop is still in business? -It would be nice to know before I start the long journey from Hsindien to Shilin…

This is an old thread I realize but FWIW, I just went by the shop and was able to get a Brothers and Chinese Taipei hat. Thanks for the address and website.