Chinese translations of grammar structures

Can anyone point me to a source that will provide Chinese explanations for grammar? I am trying to google it, but it’s seemingly impossible to find a search term that clearly defines what I’m looking for. Mostly I’m getting results that assume I’m trying to understand Chinese grammar, rather than trying to understand English grammar, in Chinese.

As strongly as I believe in explaining things in English most of the time, I really feel like my explanations should be accompanied by native explanations when it comes to the more complicated tenses, since they don’t really exist in Chinese.

I’m not entirely sure if I understand you. Assuming you want English grammar explained in Chinese, usually you would need to search for a specific grammar rule to yield the best results. In case you were trying to search for Chinese explanations for English grammar using English keywords, chances are you won’t find that many relevant results.

Without any specific grammar rule, say if you search for 英語文法, you would get things like:
camdemy.com/folder/3037
zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%8B%B1 … E%E6%B3%95

which I’m sure would bore anyone trying to learn the English language… Although the camdemy link comes with videos which maybe useful, but I didn’t go through them

Say if you look up 英語 副詞, you would get sites with a lot more information:
mail.scu.edu.tw/~cynthiay/2-3.htm
rogerhsu74.pixnet.net/blog/post/ … E%E7%9A%84

Azar’s ‘Basic English Grammar’ comes in Chinese, Japanese and Korean for the east Asian cram school market.

The “Grammar in Use” series has editions with Chinese translations. Liked it when I used to teach grammar-based classes.

Yes that’s right, I’ve used the “Grammar in Use” before as well. But I only need a few specific things, so I was hoping to find an online resource.

To clarify, I’m looking for Chinese language descriptions of English language grammar.

Perhaps I’m just not able to state clearly enough to Google what I’m looking for. I wouldn’t be above some help in my search terminology. Example, I’d like the translation for the present continuous tense. “how do you explain present continuous tense in chinese” yields results relating to how to use “le” when speaking Chinese. I’ve tried several things, but I can’t get google to understand I’m not trying to learn how to speak Chinese.

I get plenty of hits if I Google "英文文法“ plus the Chinese term for the tense, like 現在進行式 (or 時? I don’t remember which one, to be honest).

In fact, using just “英文文法” and “present progressive tense” got good hits. Using Chinese characters helps to “force” the pages to be Chinese, not English.

this works! thanks so much

the only trouble is, I can’t read chinese, so it’s a little difficult for me to identify for sure that I’ve got the right text. Ideally, I could find a website that specializes in this, so you could look up each structure using an english search term and the result would be something like “here is an explanation of the simple past vs. the past continuous in Chinese” ; p

The bilingual “Grammar In Use” book takes care of that.