Chiropractor in Taipei?

Anybody know where I can find a decent chiropractor in Taipei? Somewhat messed up my back playing rugby for 4 years and every now and then things get out of alignment. It’s really been bothering me a lot lately, but have no idea where to look for a chiropractor. If anybody knows of one I would be extremely grateful. Not sure how long I can carry on with this nagging me

Thanks!

Dr Mark Griffin is about the best in town.
No. 250 Zhōngxiào East Road Section 4, 11F-5
(02) 8771-3516
Email: drmark[at]asia.com

1 Like

Awesome, thanks a million, any idea what his standard rate is?

I think $1200 or $1500 a visit. I haven’t been in a long time.

Chiropractic is a pseudoscience and not based on medical science. Anything that you may want to see a chiropractor for, you should instead see a physiotherapist.

1 Like

You find me a qualified physiotherapist in Taipei, one who doesn’t think the only way of treating a neck injury is traction, then I might listen to you.

Chiropractic work works. I don’t care that it has some odd theories (and I agree it does). Rolfing is even weirder and that is some excellent therapy that I would recommend to anyone.

Acupuncture is also not medical science either but the Canadian Olympic team uses it for injuries.

You have to accept that some things work and eventually we will figure out why. In the meantime, it’s the OP’s body and he finds chiro work works. Unless you have a name and hospital or clinic to recommend I suggest you stay out of this.

Yeah… I’ve been to a chiropractor before and whatever they do provides lasting pain relief so I plan to continue going, no matter what the science is behind it.

Anybody know if there any sort of Chinese equivalent of a chiropractor that would be cheaper? I suppose there is acupuncture… not that I don’t appreciate your referral Mucha Man, in fact I really do. I’m just hoping maybe there is a financially cheaper alternative that someone has discovered. Being on a student budget and paying for chiropractic treatment don’t really go together too well.

Tui Na, is a bit similar: manipulation and massage. Lots of trad clinic around that do this and are covered by NHI.

I don’t have a referral, sorry, but I’m pretty sure if you search the forums you’ll find something. I know this has been asked before.

Awesome, cannot thank you enough for the help.

Dr. Mark gives you your first visit on the house. A more qualified guy you won’t find in Taiwan.

Just don’t let him sell you into an exhaustive therapy plan or scare you with x-rays or other such shit.

Glad to hear there are chiros in the area.

My sister is a chiro in the states and she has turned me into a full supporter of chiropractics and not being able to get adjusted every few weeks was a big concern of mine.

I see Dr. Mark has ads on the board now… I wonder if you guys know what style of chiropractic he practices? I mean, the more old-school guys are all about force while the younger generation uses much lighter techniques to create (I think) just as strong of a result. Also, I am really not into the more physical therapy oriented docs, definitely more into the ‘family practitioner.’

Anyway, I hope all worked out brooklynexpat!

I go to Karada Factory (Zhong Xiao) on a regular basis, they also have branches in Zhong Shan and Tian Mu :slight_smile: If you’re looking for a traditional Chinese one I recommend one in Tian Mu called Tian He Tang.

I highly recommend Chiropractor Dr. Mark Griffin. I went to him, and was immediately healed. He is very gentle, and is knowledgeable of a variety of health issues.

Does Dr.Mark require you to get x-rays?

Yes.

So is this still the top recommendation?

What is Karada Factory? I’ve always wondered what they are all about.