Chiropractors

After being in Korea where it was extremely difficult and costly to find chiropractors, I was wondering what the situation was in Taiwan. Is it hard to find quality chiropractic doctors, and what sort of fees can one expect to pay? Any information would be useful, Thanks…

Aussie Chiropractic Centre, Taipei
3rd Fl., No.234~1 Sec.6, Roosevelt Rd. Taipei
Tel: (02)2935-2477

Professional clinical management in:
Neck pain, back pain, headache, sports injury, automobile injury, work injury, scoliosis, Neuralgia, arthraligia, spinal wellness care.

Hours:
Monday: Closed
Tue~Sat: AM9:30~12:30 PM3:00~7:30
Sun: PM3:00~7:30

Doctor speaks English

There are other threads on this topic:

forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=1 … ropractors

forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=2 … ropractors

I just started going to this guy who helps me with my ankle (several sprains in HS and college, and just gives me problems now and then), as well as my lower back, and my wrist.

went for an hour session; he worked on all 3. but hit the problems from several angles: suction/moxibustion [promote blood/qi flow], massage the joint/muscle, heat, acupuncture, and finally put on some medicinal pads on the affected areas for home-use.

the ankle was amazing. truly. i always have problem rotating it (it would be jerky, not smooth motion) or it would feel weak and prone to injury. after the treatment, it felt like new.

and he knew exactly what the problem was after one sentence from me. that the ankle also manifested problems in my lower back and imbalance between left and right side muscles (compounded by my leaning right habits)

also gave me a hot towel treatment on my neck/shoulder which he noticed was tight from over-computer use.

and it was sooo cheap. i was embarassed about the price.

he lives in Neihu, on Neihu Rd, No.41 (right across from XI KANG LI stop either the 21 or 2 bus). pm if you need help. he also treats a lot of women with menstruation problems too. the majority of clients are this and back problems.

Kenny, this is great information. Would you be able to provide the section number for Neihu Road that this guy is located on? If not, any other landmarks?

Also, concerning the price, what did you pay for the hour long session? Did you have to book an appointment, or were you able to drop in? Do you have a phone number for making appointments? And does he speak English?

Cheers!

[quote=“LeonV”]Kenny, this is great information. Would you be able to provide the section number for Neihu Road that this guy is located on? If not, any other landmarks?

Also, concerning the price, what did you pay for the hour long session? Did you have to book an appointment, or were you able to drop in? Do you have a phone number for making appointments? And does he speak English?

Cheers![/quote]

let me get back to you on the exact address. but it’s directly across the street from the XI KANG LI bus stop.

you can reach him at 0935042715. he speaks a little english, not alot. if his wife is around, she can speak english.

you have to call him at least 1 or 2 days in advance i think. the price isn’t just per hour, depends on your problem.

I have been seeing Dr. Mark Griffin for the last 4 years and have referred many patients to him. He has been living and treating people in Taipei for over 10 years. He is a California licensed chiropractor and has helped me and many of my friends with back problems. Very professional and friendly.

You can find his contact info on www.oriented.com, search in the Business Directory for Taipei under “Dr. Mark W. Griffin DC, Doctor of Chiropractic”.

Chiropractors are charlatains and can cause damage to the body, but a friend said this was the best he had ever had:
Hoping East Road, Section 2, No. 42 8F
2364-7188

I would like to second the “Aussie Chiropractic Clinic” on Roosevelt across from the Jingmei MRT station. I limped in one day after throwing out my back, and actually “walked” out the door (no limping). I’ve been back to see Dr. Johnson and Dr. Chris many times–both are excellent. I also know several professional drummers who see them and have raved about them. This is the real thing; Dr. J. studied in Australia, Dr. C. in the States. Both speak perfect English.

Wolf_Reinhold wrote: “Chiropractors are charlatains and can cause damage to the body…”

and I think this is mostly true, too. They are not doctors, and often they cause more harm than good, to the pocketbook especially. But given the responses above, it seems that many people often benefit from them, so I keep an open mind about these so called charlatans. They are healers of a sort, and testimonies above make them sound very good here, so go at your own risk, and know what you are getting into. Seems they do work.

The only experience I ever had with a chiroptractor was one time in my native Montreal, where the quack was pretty quacky – he was what we call over there a Quacky Canuck – and it cost me an arm and a leg. That was the first and last time I ever went to a Chiro Practicioner.

But I might just check out these above named “doctors” of the backbone and vertabrae next time I get moved around during rugby practice. Thanks for the tips, guys.

I’d say 90% of the people who call themselves chiropractors in Taiwan ARE charlatains, vs. about 40-50% of the ones elsewhere. Make sure your chiropractor has been licensed by an overseas chiropractic association (a valid one), and beyond that you should be able to tell if he is a quack if he claims to be able to “cure” you. Bedside manner and language area also great indicators. Use your best judgement.

My wife is seeing Dr. Tsai there, but she keeps complaining it is too expensive. He was a classmate of my brother-in-law in California and speaks very good english.

I’ve gone to one of the local chiropractors and they are cheap but usually don’t speak english, and just have small walk-up clinics, so you’ll probably need a local to help you out.

Why are the local chiro’s here so cocky. Is it something they teach chiros at school or what?

I’ve seen 4 different ones in Taiwan with mixed results. One of them claimed that he is a retired brain surgeon but started the chiro practice when he discovered that chiro works better on people. He was treating the people in our building on the rooftop at night. My family back home got a nice laugh out of that one.