Chocolate fudge!

I have a sweet tooth. And nothing is better for a sweet tooth than fudge. But as far as I know you can’t buy it anywhere in Taiwan. Last time I went back to Canada I bought over 3000nt worth and brought it back with me and kept it in the freezer. Recently someone told me I could make it myself and that it wasn’t too difficult. I don’t cook/bake anything…but I thought I’d give it a whirl.

It turned out fine. I have sweet chocolate marshmallow fudge in my fridge. Cost me about 600nt to make about 1 kg worth.

I read all these things saying to pay close attention to time…and cooking temp…to buy a thermostat…etc. In the end I just winged it…no idea how long I cooked it…even changed some ingredients. It’s fine.

One hint that was given to me is to use icing sugar instead of normal sugar. Then you don’t have to worry about the sugar crystalizing too much and making the fudge too gritty.

Takes all of 10 minutes to make a kilo of fudge. Only about 4 different ingredients as well.

I’ve been making triple chocolate brownies lately and they may just scratch your sugar itch.

Get the mix at costco. yum.

[quote=“jdsmith”]I’ve been making triple chocolate brownies lately and they may just scratch your sugar itch.

Get the mix at costco. yum.[/quote]

put some homemade fudge icing on top of them…and see what that does.

People … come here and buy my brownies … made from scratch and real Belgian chocolat … not powder from a box … packed six months ago at the other side of the planet … :wink:

Belgian - do you make a flourless chocolate cake with Droste (or better) chocolate?

So - when are we doing the moules - payday is coming soon?

Flourless cake? Fudge is flourless but not a cake it’s a candy, never tried it … but might do sometime in the future.

Moules? someone posted to do it after November 7 … so I’m waiting …

Droste or better? You mean that off-brand local stuff at 7-11 with 90% earwax content?

Valrhona. Ok, it’s French, I’m sorry, they’re bastards, but at least it’s real chocolate.

Belgian Pie,
Where do we go to buy these wonderful brownies?