Chocolate in Trouble

Please, Tomas, not rumour-mongering!!! This is a story of interest to the foreign community that has been picked up by all the local media (not just the Apple Daily) as one of today’s leading items of news, and therefore warrants discussion by the members of Forumosa. I have presented the allegations (clearly and carefully referred to as such) for open discussion and comment here, including a chance for people in the know to fill in some background and present his side of the story. Don’t confuse the messenger with the message, old chap!

i feel sorry for chocolate…as a gay, black man with a powerful estranged wife pissed off with him (connections up on high) he’s fucked for a fair trial…may be a job for mr hartzell here…course it was a dumb move to marry the bitch in the first place but no one deserves this kind of shit

Clearly the rape and infidelity charges are more serious. A bitch-wife can only go public if she has very strong proof such as an STD. If gay marriage were legal, the chances of something like this happening would be less. Well, at least the accusor would be the correct gender! I assume Charles married for reasons of face.
Could this be a publicity stunt? :bulb: The weight-loss cookbook idea did not turn him into Taiwan’s Julia Childs exactly, did it?

But that wouldn’t prove much. She would have to prove that the STD she has was transmitted by her unfaithful husband and not the other way around.

[quote=“Tomas”]I’m suprised that Chocolate doesn’t have a few friends in high places who can help him resolve this problem. Always pays in Taiwan to have a few buddies well-placed buddies on the police force and in government.

And let us all remember the adage, “Hell hath no fury…” Yikes.[/quote]

When a psycho xiaojie is on the rampage, NO CONTACTS is gonna save your black OR white ass, sista.

jesus its a sordid mess innit? unfortunately for chocolate the contacts are on his wifes side (one of the reasons he married her i’m guessing) btw she hasnt claimed to have syphilus (sp?) herself has she?

Interesting question: does gay sex count as adultery in Taiwan? A recent survey of Taiwan lawyers and judges concluded that oral sex is not sex and therefore cannot count as adultery. What about anal sex (assuming that’s what happened in this case)? If it is “sex” under Taiwan law, and Chocolate performed it out of marriage he could go to jail for a year under Taiwan’s ridiculous adultery law. If not, mayo wente.

Bear’s point about a gay black man not getting a fair trial in Taiwan is also a good point. Reminds me of the story in yesterday’s TT, about the owner of the local gay bookstore who’s being charged with selling smut and who demanded a gay judge, because he said otherwise he wouldn’t get justice. Good luck to them both.

Also brings to mind the idea of Michael Jackson being entitled to a “jury of his peers” (if there were to be a jury trial). Where the hell would you find a jury of his peers?

Didn’t Chocolate used to play up that he was psychic? How could he not see this coming?

Cows, chickens, Chinese (SARS), Chocolate…its a conspiracy. Some sick mo-fo is out to rid the world of things that begin with the leter C.

Am I next?

Chou

They’re working on China. Cars may take a while, though. Chopsticks - naah! That Chen chappie…who knows?

Hey, they did kill the civet cats in China…that’s three C’s!

choudofu, you may be on to something here.

:saywhat: :shock:

The APPLE DAILY had a few items of interest that looked at.

can anyone post a photo of that front page here?

that would help.

one was the actual hospital outpatient receipt of mr charles mack the third… I think this is chocolate’s real name and it say there were two diseases noted: stp and rfx or something.

can’t remember.

age 40.

blood type unreadable.

some girl name angel also mentioned in the story.

old photo in apple daily appears to be very old since from icrt days. chocolate has a goatee and moustache. is that what he looks like today?

major front page of the apple daily, it must be serious.

i was also astonded this morning like mr omni, because usually this is just show business gossip news,

page 34 or something.

thank you, mr omni for reporting this.

keep up updated tomorrow.

if the charges are true, quite a bad day for foreigners. is mr chocolate from the usa or canada or uk?

like sandman, i never heard of him before.

Angel is his agent, who the paper reports as having disappeared together with Chocolate the day after they called her for comment about the allegations a couple of weeks ago.

Lane119, your style of writing is remarkably redolent of our dear old friend Formosa. You wouldn’t by any chance be related to him, would you? :wink: I especially appreciated your delightful Formosanesque absurdity of saying you’d never heard of Mr. Chocolate while telling us about his having had a goatee and moustache when he worked at ICRT!

I haven’t seen today’s papers yet, but the story was included again in the news that I listened to on the very serious and not at all scandal-oriented Chinese radio station just now.

I saw Chocolate interviewed on TV last night. He admitted to being bisexual and said his syphillis cleared up last year [in November?]. He claimed that his wife was just out to get revenge because he refused to give her a baby.
Denies raping uni students, but does not go into any more details. I caught the interview half way through and this is as much as I was able to make out.

[quote=“Spack”]I saw Chocolate interviewed on TV last night. He admitted to being bisexual and said his syphillis cleared up last year [in November?]. He claimed that his wife was just out to get revenge because he refused to give her a baby.
Denies raping uni students, but does not go into any more details. I caught the interview half way through and this is as much as I was able to make out.[/quote]

Oh yes, he’s really a bisexual. That’s why he’s also been so equally passionate about women.

If someone is gay and ‘pretends’ to be bi, that’s up to them - I really couldn’t care less. Why would that bother you so much, Flcika?

[quote=“Spack”]I saw Chocolate interviewed on TV last night. He admitted to being bisexual and said his syphillis cleared up last year [in November?]. He claimed that his wife was just out to get revenge because he refused to give her a baby.
Denies raping uni students, but does not go into any more details. I caught the interview half way through and this is as much as I was able to make out.[/quote]

'atta Boy, come out fighting!

Chou

I knew Charles from when we used to teach together up in Tien Mou. He seemed like a very nice, kind and passionate person. If he is anything like the person I used to know this rape BS is just that.
I remember watching him teach dance class to a class of 4 and 5 year olds. One of the girls fell down and hurt herself pretty badly. He not only managed to get her to stop crying but to get up and keep trying with a smile on her face. That was Charles.

It seems to me this incident has more to do with the fact that he is black and bisexual / homosexual. Xenophobia and homophobia make for a bad mix.

A person

[quote=“Boomer”]
It seems to me this incident has more to do with the fact that he is black and bisexual / homosexual. Xenophobia and homophobia make for a bad mix.[/quote]

You are right to the extent that being black and gay/bi makes the story juicier, but the media would still be lapping it up if this happened to any minor celebrity in Taiwan, even straight Taiwanese ones. Afterall, the story still has allegations of rape, an STD, and infidelity going for it.

[quote=“Boomer”]A person medical history is no ones business but their own and if Taiwan was anything like a real country someone would be held uncountable for releasing his medical records without permission.
Perhaps this incident makes a very good argument against the new medical insurance IC cards. [/quote]

I wasn’t aware that his medical records had been leaked. Are you sure about that? I thought it was simply that his wife had gone around telling reporters that Chocolte had syphillis and was spreading it round.

I see your point with him being a minor celebrity. I always just think of him as a person.
It seems so unfair that as a celebrity anyone can make any unjustified claim against him and people beleive it.