Chuckles from Bush press conference

From press conference today

Question: […] After 9-11, what would your biggest mistake be, would you say, and what lessons have you learned from it?

Bush: […] You know, I just – I’m sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn’t yet. […] I hope – I don’t want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I’m confident I have. I just haven’t – you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I’m not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one.

Aren’t we all sooooo safe with this inarticulate baboon in charge?

I always wondered what happened to Wacko Jacko’s chimp, now I know.

Please go easy on Jacko’s chimp.

Laugh all you want. I am convinced that he is right. The thing is that so many on this forum fail to realize is that bad things could have happened by not acting but we will never know about those, so we keep hashing and rehashing all of these things now which is just shameless politicking when doing so encourages our enemies and discourages our troops. We learned that in Vietnam. What we need from the Democrats is more principled politicians like Skip Jackson rather than posturing mindless egomaniacs like Jane Fonda. Now, who was it that you wanted to call mindless again? Though I am sure that they FEEL that they are doing the right thing. Hah!

I am. A lot. Got to be the world’s worst public speaker and looking increasingly ill at ease. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :raspberry:

Another Woody Allen moment:

Question: I’d like to know if you feel, in any way, that you have failed as a communicator.

Bush: Gosh, I don’t know.

Oh come on BroonAle, that’s unfair. Bush are the education president.

[quote]Good evening.

Before I take your questions, let me speak with the American people about the situation in Iraq.

This has been tough weeks in that country.[/quote]

:laughing:

abcnews.go.com/sections/US/World … 413-1.html

Off Topic but MT… how do I get a date with your avatar?

Sorry guys, I thought that was more interesting than Bush

Er well… I wasn’t faulting Dubya for his lack of polish. I was focusing on the “substance” (cough cough) of his remarks. Here’s another exchange that reminds me of Abbott & Costello:

Question: Mr. President, why are you and the vice president insisting on appearing together before the 9-11 commission?

BUSH: Because the 9-11 commission wants to ask us questions, that’s why we’re meeting. And I look forward to meeting with them and answering their questions.

Question (off-mike): I was asking why you’re appearing together, rather than separately, which was their request.

BUSH: Because it’s a good chance for both of us to answer questions that the 9-11 commission is looking forward to asking us. And I’m looking forward to answering them.

Off topic, Bassman, but from my recollection you couldn’t ride in a car with my avatar without getting in trouble. :raspberry: So get your mind back on bush, where it belongs.

Then why did you read this thread? Twice? (Three times if you’re reading this post, but I digress.) :smiling_imp:

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Off topic, Bassman, but from my recollection you couldn’t ride in a car with my avatar without getting in trouble. :raspberry: So get your mind back on Bush, where it belongs.[/quote]I think the problem is that that is what’s on his mind.

Did I say that ? :noway:

bush bush bush. DAMMIT, I did NOT capitalize the word referring to shrubbery. Will someone please disengage the damn capitalizer. Was that you who arranged for that word to automatically capitalized, Tigerman? How come harding, hoover and taft can be lowercase but shrubbery cannot be? Is he more worthy? Hardly. Harumph. :fatchance:

That’s a technical matter… way beyond my scope of authority and or understanding.

…like 9/11, for example.

[quote=“SCL”]From press conference today

Question: […] After 9-11, what would your biggest mistake be, would you say, and what lessons have you learned from it?

Bush: […] You know, I just – I’m sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn’t yet. […] I hope – I don’t want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I’m confident I have. I just haven’t – you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I’m not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one.[/quote]

I hope that you are right, I hope that something will eventually pop into his head.

Sorry, but he is an embarrassment. :unamused:

Fred,

Scoop Jackson, right?

Skip Jackson was the guy your first wife married.

President Bush today during his press conference during one of his Freudian asides:

“This is a war against people who have no guilt in killing innocent people,” he said in describing the gravity of Washington’s war on terrorism.

And this: “I plan on telling the American people that I’ve got a plan to win the war on terror.”

That’s okay, Mr. President, Fred’s got a plan already. Besides, I think it’s probably too late for plans anyway as this whole Iraq thing has taken on a life of its own by now.

If you hear any laughter from me, it’s only hollow laughter because I know in my heart were all on the fast track to Armageddon.

Actually, that is a damn good description of what we are doing in Iraq.

Hahaha more concern for the Iraqi people? Spare me. (sorry skip is correct. I must have had spook in my mind so it came out scoop).

Anyway, 2.3 million innocent Iraqis were killed while no one on this board said a word.

Hundreds of thousands suffered and died for lack of medicine, expired medicine, lack of food or rotten food under the corrupt UN Oil for Food program. Silence.

Saddam deliberately placed thousands of civilians in harms way. Silence.

The US kills people (insurgents and combattants and may be indirectly responsible for civilian casualties) and there is screaming?

Spare me. The moral relativism is too sad to be laughable.