Cijin Sunset Bar Kaohsiung 旗津沙灘吧

I’m moving to Kaohsiung. At least spend some more weekends there.

Taipei sucks.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.828816829264458&type=3

3 Likes

Summertime drinking on Cijin beach is nice.

2 Likes

How long have you lived in Taipei?
Why does it “suck”?

My guess for him is since early 1990s.

I started coming to Taiwan around 2005.

I enjoyed the food and drink there last springtime. The following day was heavy rain and wind, so no guarantee of beach weather

Winter drinking on Cijin beach is much nicer. Way too humid and too many damn mosquitos in the summers.

2 Likes

Well, you did visit during the spring which is the start of rain season. Beach weather guaranteed any other time.

No! Summer is the rainy season (August the highest month), and beach weather not guaranteed any other time (mostly rains in Summer!)

Did you not not recall the summer thunderstorms and the downpours and floods?

2 Likes

It starts in the spring, as shown in your own graph. I just didn’t specify.

I edited it to be more specific:

But how long did you live in Taipei specifically?
And once again, why does/did it “suck”?

Here is my point of view living in Taipei before (6-7 years ago), and since here in South and now about 25%+ of the time in Baltics/Italy coming from Japan

some apply to the whole of Taiwan, not only Taipei (my reason I stay in people and business in TW)
(1) is the people, in general since everyone is different, but in General in Taipei people talk more about money and work, less on fun like this topic (ps I surprised from photos to see so many people at the Sunset Bar, I prefer nowdays to visit when it vacant)
(2) I tend to notice Taipei is older (not that it is bad, but I not that old or young and prefer youthful envios). Younger people used move up to Taipei, I see now more in tainan, Taichung, ect as hubs.
(3) with ease of remote working, less need to be in Taipei as the business hub. With the bullet train if needed its easy to get to most of places in Taiwan I need to go to. Do not miss the long car driving trips or pre high speed rail days.
(4) Weather in the north for me is not good, lots of winter rain. Here is dryYTD, rains mostly in summer (heavy rains though)
(5) The big wealth gap between Taipei and others area is not as big (badside real Estate in south is not cheap at all anymore)

1 Like

Cijin Sunset Bar sucks! Bad cocktails and food.

I don’t know about the cocktails but the food isn’t bad for casual bar food on the beach, especially for the price. Where else can you get chicken nachos in Kaohsiung?

I wouldn’t make a special trip there for dinner though.

2 Likes

The reason to go is the location. They set it up nicely, and right on the beach. I go for the vibe and the view, not the food.

I never go on weekends or holidays, too busy!

Service is always good.

Will try those chicken nachos next time, I think usually I get tacos

1 Like

Yeah, the food is brutal…place is good for a beer on a weeknight/day, as others have noted.

2 Likes

Don’t forget we have Drifters at Waiao and Dazzlers at Baishawan. And in both those places you can actually swim in the ocean. Swim at Cijin and you come out looking like a tar baby.

2 Likes

Is that chicken breast?

I want to say yes, but now that I think about it…

It couldn’t be, because it tastes good. :upside_down_face:

I think one of the owners isn’t Taiwanese, maybe he showed them how to cook it