Cinemax B movies

What’s the deal with all these really really bad made-for-tv B movies they show on cinemax with washed up actors as psycho murderers?
I don’t watch tv that often, but every time I turn it on and flip to cinemax I get sucked into these things with soap opera actors with bad hair killing other soap opera actors.
Cinemax Asia must have a measly budget.

Cinemax is simply providing what the people here like and want…unfortunately for us.

Blueface, for the first time I find you off the mark.

Actually, its a prblem with govt. regulation. There are broadband cable providers out there who want to provide upgraded services, HBO premium with current run movies & current season of popular series, Interactive TV, Direct TV, etc. But the government insists that these services be packaged within the existing price structure, making it economically impossible for the providers to do so.

In this case its not a matter of divergent tastes. The comparison… try to find that hot new DVD release at Blockbuster. Chances are the locals have already snatched up the hundred copies in each store before you get there.

Chou

[quote=“chodofu”]Blueface, for the first time I find you off the mark.
[/quote]
big blueface fan, eh chou?

Really bad made-for-tv movies on cinemax:bad karma the reincarnation of jack the ripper? , The Def Leppard Story geezus, death of a cheerleader? tori spelling? come on!

[quote=“Alien”]

Really bad made-for-tv movies on cinemax:bad karma the reincarnation of jack the ripper? , The Def Leppard Story geezus, death of a cheerleader? tori spelling? come on![/quote]

WOW! Tori Spelling? She rocks! Her performances remind me of Liv Ullmann.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“Alien”]
big blueface fan, eh chou?

Well I can’t connect to any links there in your post so that makes me less fan of Alien. But no big of blueface whom I read as much much as Hartzell, hexuan, ironlady, Muffin, Maoman, Adroth, aidiming, almas john, amos, ax, BAH, batman, Ben, Big Fluffy Matthew, Boomer, Boss Hogg, brianlkennedy, BridgeC, bushibanned, bzzz, chichodude, chodofu, Cold Front, Coroner, crisp, Dahudze, david, Da_Bian, drunken dragon, enigma, european, fee, Flibbertigibbet, Flicka, Flipper, fliptop, gary.m-327, Gener, glaikit, goinabroad, Harry Crack, Harry Urah, Hobart, hokenyu, horizontalcrack, housecat, Huang Guang Chen, hypermegaglobal, jeff, joesax, Juba, kelake, LittleBuddhaTW, littleiron, MaPoDoFu, marco69, Mark Nagel, Megwyn, MengKai, mesheel, MiakaW, miltownkid, Mint, mmmmichael, mod lang, monkbucket, Mr He, Mucha Man, mungacious, Mutou, Neo, offpeak808, Omniloquacious, Opus, panda, PARESA, Poagao, prmoore, QuietMountain, Quirky, RachelK, raymenz, rian, Richardm, Rick, roc, roseha, Screaming Jesus, seba, sheepshagger, shiyali2, Sir Donald Bradman, sjy, Southpaw, splam, stevegan, sticks of fury, swingking, t.ukyo, taiwantim70, tatkess, Taurus, The Big Babou, tmwc, TNT, Toe Save, Tomas, totallytika, truemark, Viking, vincewy, Vorkosigan, WarMonkey, Wazai, wolf_reinhold

Chou

Oh, man … what are you talking about? I find that some of those movies are incredible. Every once and a while I’ll run across a late late nighter: movies that I’ve never seen before or even heard of that totally blow me away.
I hope someone can help me find the title to one that I saw one time.
It was a wacky physical comedy about some British guys who own a hotel near a nuclear power plant by the ocean. A famed Italian actress, for after whom one of the hotliers lusted, and her psycho fiance were staying in one of the rooms. They fed radioactive fish caught nearby to the guests and they get sick … REALLY sick. The guests who had the fish spewed massive amounts of green goop from their mouths. In another scene, one of the hoteliers snuck into a room and tried on a pair of pink rubber underwear that looked like something from a Pink Floyd animation
The movie was a cross between Farty Towles, er, Tarty Fowls, er, Fawlty Towers and Monty Python. Maybe I saw it on E movies, but it was probably Cinemax.
Who can “name that movie?”

[quote=“fredericka bimmel”]What’s the deal with all these really really bad made-for-tv B movies they show on cinemax with washed up actors as psycho murderers?
I don’t watch tv that often, but every time I turn it on and flip to cinemax I get sucked into these things with soap opera actors with bad hair killing other soap opera actors.
Cinemax Asia must have a measly budget.[/quote]

Well if you are really bored out of your skull from made-for-TV movies, then turn to the lovely Hallmark Channel

[quote]I hope someone can help me find the title to one that I saw one time.
[/quote]

Guesthouse Paradiso or something. Anyway, its Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson (of The Young Ones fame).

[quote=“sandman”][quote]I hope someone can help me find the title to one that I saw one time.
[/quote]

Guesthouse Paradiso or something. Anyway, its Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson (of The Young Ones fame).[/quote]

Coooooool! Thanks! I’m a big Rik Mayall fan. :smiley:

preview-online.com/march_apr … _paradiso/

Well, they have it in Blockbuster if you miss it on TV. But a warning to people other than Blueface – if you’re the kind of sad, twisted freak who doesn’t like their brand of humour, be warned – you’ll probably think this film’s a load of shite.

Well they cut my cable since i didn’t pay the bill but i don’t think i want to have the damn thing turned back on again. Hardly ever watch anything but Six Feet Under because there’s only ever shite on. Why can’t we have four seasons of the Sopranos b2b? Why oh why oh why???
:frowning:

Oh, I liked that film. It reminded me of when my brother played keyboards in a band and the drummer had his fingers amputated because of gangrene due to injecting heroin with a dirty needle. True story, sad to say.

And I like Hallmark Channel, too, so there. Warm and fuzzy.

cinemax usa and cinemax asia are very similar in my opinion. they both suck.