CKS airport police and violent protest

[quote=“zeugmite”]

According to articles from Apple Daily, two Wang’s instigated violence.

[quote]
【台北報導】民進黨立委王世堅及「名嘴」汪笨湖,昨遭在野黨點名須對機場暴力衝突負責,兩人當天雖然並未攜帶違禁品,但曾同台點燃群眾的激情。王向群眾高喊:「雞蛋儘管丟沒關係

Actually, this is what’s seriously frightening about North Korea. They’re a veritable nuclear-Kmart waiting to happen. The first things that come to mind when I think of the “Democratic People’s Republic of Korea”'s potential new business model are:

1. jihadists or domestic (US) terrorists hitting NY or elsewhere in the US
  2. anti-China zealots hitting China and pulling off an intra/inter-region Tom Clancy

On a side note, it’s a good thing that I don’t have to worry about this post getting carnivore’d. :wink:

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]The guy is not exactly a “geezer”…

…[/quote]
A misunderstanding…Where I come from (Cockneyland), geezers are not necessarily old.

Doesn’t matter who instigated it, everyone should have been arrested. What is this I read about the police can’t arrest legislators? They are above the law? Can someone point me to the law which gives legislators immunity from arrest? Immunity from prosecution yes maybe but surely not arrest? (if a legislator is holding a gun to someone’s head the fuzz have to ignore it?)

Juba-
That occurred to me about 3 minutes after I looked at my post. Thanks for verifying the use. Bloke, chap, geezer, mug, etc…as long as it ain’t the “Guv’ner.”

this is just sad. we know the police are incompetent, but the media people are definitely ‘not helping’ vying against each other to get a more gruesome shot!

more discussion at -->

socialforce.org/phpBB/viewto … 02&k_id=13

It’s good if the police prevent this next time to avoid appearing utterly useless. Oh. I’m dreaming again.

It looks like the links to some pictures I posted are getting stale.
There is another one to replace that of the guy with the huge sword, however, and this one shows what it says on the other side of his shirt:

Save Taiwan (we saw this part last time), Kill Lian Zhan.

Lian Zhan will be back soon. I hope the police don’t let this guy in again.

I like water cannons…great for crowd control on a hot day.

from the Taipei times

[quote]Rallies turn violent: Ma takes action
CROWD CONTROL: What had been a large, peaceful protest turned into a angry demonstration as pan-blue supporters attacked the barricade on Ketagalan Blvd
By Huang Tai-lin and Joy Su, STAFF REPORTERS
Sunday, Apr 11, 2004,Page 1

Pan-blue rallies yesterday again turned violent as protesters attempted to destroy the barricade seperating them from the Presi-dential Office.[/quote]

[quote]product_ako (aka ac_dropo) Quite a chaotic scene at the airport based on the TV footage. Fireworks and Bullhorns being used. Pushing, shoving, and stomping on people on the ground.

What I find more surprising is that taxi cabs decided to form road blocks to Lien’s car pool to the airport.
[/quote]

FYI, the taxi cabs that surrounded Lien’s motorcade were organized by the 86 year old Taiwan independence activist, and author of Taiwan’s 400 Years of History, Su Ming (史明). He and his supporters also protested Chiang Pin-kun’s (KMT vice-chairperson) return from China on April 2.

The taxis followed Lien’s car on the way to the airport, intending to allow a taxi carrying Su Ming to get close enough to Lien’s car- so that Lien could read a written message held out of the taxi’s window, which read “Don’t sellout Taiwan.”

If you’d like to know more about Su Ming, his Chinese language website is: tw400.org.tw/

[quote=“Flinner”][quote=“product_ako (aka ac_dropo”]Quite a chaotic scene at the airport based on the TV footage. Fireworks and Bullhorns being used. Pushing, shoving, and stomping on people on the ground.

What I find more surprising is that taxi cabs decided to form road blocks to Lien’s car pool to the airport.]

FYI, the taxi cabs that surrounded Lien’s motorcade were organized by the 86 year old Taiwan independence activist, and author of Taiwan’s 400 Years of History, Su Ming (史明). He and his supporters also protested Chiang Pin-kun’s (KMT vice-chairperson) return from China on April 2.

The taxis followed Lien’s car on the way to the airport, intending to allow a taxi carrying Su Ming to get close enough to Lien’s car- so that Lien could read a written message held out of the taxi’s window, which read “Don’t sellout Taiwan.”

If you’d like to know more about Su Ming, his Chinese language website is: tw400.org.tw/[/quote][/quote]

From what I can see on TVBS news now, the dressed in black junior gangsta types are back at CKS. Should be a wild night. Taiwan might not be the same tomorrow morning.

And now some dude is going to play the Spanish requiem ‘‘La duende’’ on his violin as a protest…