CKS airport runner

I. was. being. a dick.posting. without even. one sentence.

1 Like

I am thoroughly entertained by such runners and characters (and my old commentary in this thread from more than a decade ago). Come on folks – this is what makes Taiwan so much fun.

Takes me back to the days when there were often one or more Canucky stories-in-the-news a month.:rofl::joy::smile::wink::face_with_monocle:

If this dude is from Saskatchewan as was mentioned, they should give him an Order of Saskatchewan or some other politically-correct medal. Any person that gets kicked out 3 or 4 times and keeps coming back is a national treasure.

I feel like one of the characters in Sergio Leone`s Once Upon a Time in America. Someone who later in life misses the earlier days and lots of cheap laughs, or maybe just hallucinated them all along.

Am I an elitist or an unapproachable sadhu clinging to Brahmin seclusion? :face_with_monocle: No, I am someone who appreciates the rank and file, warts and all.

The story seems to run deeper, apparently he tried to open a bar and it failed, rumor is, it was an illegal building with no permits, so the local government tore it down a few days after he was deported “for been a criminal”.

:no_no: :noway: :wall:

I still think such determination to return again and again makes him an excellent example of Western North American yeoman traits transplanted into Asia. :joy::joy::joy: In other words, he shows more resourcefulness than your typical Yankee or Canucky.

Yes, a perfect example of Frederick Jackson Turner`s frontier thesis in contemporary expat culture. This CKS runner shows the self-reliance, individualism, inventiveness, restless energy, mobility, materialism, and optimism by coming back yet again! But instead of the Wild West, he is showing these traits in Taiwan. Very interesting.