Climate Change Parade and Festival 6 December 2008

Climate Change, Taiwan Cares Parade and Festival
6 December 2008
Part of the International Day of Action on Climate Change

In Taipei there are two events.
1:30 Parade starting from Freedom Square (自由廣場), bike ride starting from Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall.
3:30 - 5:30 Music concert at Da’an Park

Foreign residents of Taiwan are encouraged to join. Get together a group of friends!

tw-climatecampaign.blogspot.com

globalclimatecampaign.org

Sounds good, I’ll do my best to get along.

Rubbish, there’s not going to be any parade: you guys are all Chicken Little, running around with your little wings in the air, crying that the sky is falling… and your scientists are not real scientitsts, just PR people. Anyway, it’s all due to sunspots.

[quote=“urodacus”]Rubbish, there’s not going to be any parade[/quote] … There’s not? Well, I’m going to be there anyway.

[quote=“urodacus”]you guys are all Chicken Little, running around with your little wings in the air, crying that the sky is falling… Anyway, it’s all due to sunspots.[/quote] I hope you’re right… but what if you’re not? I am not sure I’m willing to take that risk.

[quote]and your scientists are not real scientitsts, just PR people. [/quote] …doing PR for whom?

we really need a sarcasm indicator here, don’t we? :cry:

I’m not going. Sounds gay. :beatnik:

I think you’re thinking of another parade.

[quote=“urodacus”]we really need a sarcasm indicator here, don’t we? :cry:[/quote]oops - missed that. Apologies. There are people that uninformed, though.
Not on flob, of course.

So What, i am going to be there at any cost… It is high time people have taken "climate change seriously…

You know if you’re trying to cut C02 emissions wouldn’t a be a better idea to tell them to stay at home, turn off all their electric stuff and breath really slowly? Seems like all the energy spent going to the parade will inevitably mean more CO2 emitted