Clitoria ternatea

They are supposed to be pretty easy to grow, but would they grow up here? Popular in Southeast Asia. Does anyone know the Chinese name?

https://youtu.be/-loxdx7sgA8

They would go well with many Fu Lao Er(s).

蝶豆花?

3 Likes

Indeed.

I’m a man. I’m still struggling to find it.

7 Likes

I hear it’s under the hood somewhere.

3 Likes

And let’s say you find it. Then what? Isn’t that the better question?

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Leaders aren’t born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that’s the price well have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal. — Vince Lombardi

1 Like

Hard work, mates, hard work! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

And plenty of sunlight and water.

I thought public nudity was illegal in Taiwan. :thinking:

I came for the wrong reason. I mean… no, not that.

2 Likes

I had some Clitoria ternatea tea in Thailand, and it dyed my tongue blue. :open_mouth:

Was there any swelling?

It grows like a weed. There are a few people selling it (as plants) in the flower market. Once it produces seeds it’s dead easy to grow more. My plants are flowering at the moment, so if you want seeds, I can probably send you some in a month or so.

The “tea”, incidentally, is basically tasteless. Personally I use the flowers in salads. They have a mild green-pea flavour. It’s also good for cocktails and fruit-juice drinks because it changes colour with pH.

And of course the name is good for lots of schoolboy jokes.

1 Like

Who cares where it is?

Fortunately not. :grin: Wait… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My wife just mentioned she had got some and wanted to brew some tea. Is there any benefit to drinking tea from this stuff? Any reason to avoid it?

Blue tongue.

Blue tongue.

3 Likes