Clothes Dryers - 烘乾機

Good evening!

We are looking to buy a new washer and dryer. I have only found 2 side-by-side washer dryer sets available.

1. Bosch Washer and Condensation Dryer
  2. Whirlpool Washer and Whirlpool Electric Dryer

I know dryers are not as common here, but the seeming lack of availability of these products makes me wonder why that is the case. The combo machines (washer and dryer all in one) seem to be more common, but I would prefer the classic two machine set up for our wash balcony (not fully enclosed).

I am searching for 烘乾機

I would like to hear from you if you have a washer dryer set. What type do you have? What are your pros and cons of an American style dryer that needs ventilation (Whirlpool model) vs a condensation dryer (Bosch model)?

Any other tips on models available in Taiwan?

Thanks! :grinning:

I got a washer/dryer combo machine. Even with my house, American dryer and washers just don’t fit. Downside is you can’t put too much at once.

@Andrew0409
Are you satisfied with your combo machine?

I bought a whirlpool WFW75HEFW series stack-able washer and dryer:
whirpool-hybrid-care-duet-dryer-washer-remodelista

I will never go back to hanging clothes to dry ever again in Taiwan.
These units are super quiet, conserves water and saves space. They get the job done.
I am so glad I made this purchase. No more waiting a day or two for clothes to dry. No more moldy smelling clothes either.
Bought it from a whirlpool dealer with a 2 year warranty and service / repair agreement.
You can also get them at Costco.

This model can heat its own water too. So you can wash with warm or hot water!!!
We keep them out on our laundry balcony which is partially enclosed.
The dryer vents into a lint catcher (woman’s nylon legging) works like a charm.

2 Likes

I’m so jealous. Real washer and dryer. One day… I bet these are expensive.

Is it a Gas or Electric Dryer? I have an electric Dryer it takes 8 hours to dry my clothes…

I also have a stupid 110v electric dryer. The trick is to hang things till almost dry then toast them in the dryer for 15 min.

That’s crazy! I have a locally made electric dryer I bought in September and it works great! Check the venting and make sure it’s not clogged. You are cleaning the lint screen every time, right?

And how much does one of these cost?

It is a Gas dryer and Gas washing machine but they both use electricity too of course.

Not really expensive. Worth the investment.
25,999 for the gas dryer
35,999 for the gas washer

https://www.costco.com.tw/Whirlpool/c/Whirlpool

https://www.costco.com.tw/Whirlpool/Whirlpool-14KG-Gas-Dryer-WGD75HEFW/p/111898

https://www.costco.com.tw/Household-Appliances/Washers-%26-Dryers/Washers/Whirlpool-15KG-F-L-WASHER-WFW75HEFW/p/112197

I bought mine through a whirlpool importer here in Taiwan. I got it cheaper than at Costco. I paid 23,000 for the dryer and 31,000 for the washer.

I bought mine here:

1 Like

Good to know. Not as bad as I had thought.

maybe every few times ill clean the lint, but yea 8 hrs is crazy. I hate the dryer

You should be cleaning that after every load. Only takes 5 seconds.

A 20 year old Hoover electric dryer does the trick (made Down Under), two settings warm and hot, warm when the weather is not too humid and cold, like summer, autumn, Hot for winter when it’s cold and humid.

2 hours slowly drying is good enough, not ‘cooking’ the clothes, not good!

Modern dryers in Europe have settings like ‘closet dry’ or ‘Iron dry’, ‘wrinkle free’.

I’ve never heard of gas dryers or gas laundry machines. Sounds like ancient technology.

That’s pretty damn expensive compared to American prices.

Well were not in Kansas anymore are we Toto?

Actually, the price is on par with other gas dryer brands on offer in Taiwan that are the sane size.

Did they come and install it including the gas hook up? (I assume this is an online retailer.)

Thanks for the info - extra thanks for the guting link - that opened up a world of appliances that had up until now been hiding. :grinning:

1 Like

Is there even an option here to get a 220v machine? And does it even make a difference?

Yes, they deliver and install including gas hookups and all plumbing and electrical.

They are a brick and mortar store. (they have a shop).

You can. Just need to hire an electrician to wire up a proper outlet for you.

1 Like