CNN Democratic Debates in South Carolina

Hillary got booed. 2x
Obama got tag teamed twice by Clinton and Edwards
Edwards stuck to his poverty platform.
And Hillary didn’t cry but the claws were out. MEOW. HSSSSS

If you get a chance to watch it, the do cause it was great.

Didn’t they just have the primaries in SC? Or was I imagining things?

Who cares. There not enough difference in any three of the candidates. All I can do is wait to see who I will be allowed to vote for.

That was the GOP primaries. Nevada had the Dem caucus. I think this weekend is the SC Dem primaries.

Neverless, watch it. Fireworks, aplomb!!!

So what you’re saying is, SC has its Dem and GOP primaries on different days? :loco:

I don’t remember that happening before.

And I thought the undemocratic Michigan primary was loco, as was NBC’s lawsuit to keep Kucinich out of the Nevada debates.

What has happened to America’s democratic process?

[quote=“Chris”]
What has happened to America’s democratic process?[/quote]

PAC baby, PACs.:smiling_imp:

Primary Calendar

Obama and Hillary sparred over Ronald Reagan in the South Carolina debate.

Obama recently spoke highly of Ronald Reagan as being a transformative politician who transcended across party lines. Hillary blasted him for speaking highly of the former president.

[quote=“reztrop”]Obama and Hillary sparred over Ronald Reagan in the South Carolina debate.

Obama recently spoke highly of Ronald Reagan as being a transformative politician who transcended across party lines. Hillary blasted him for speaking highly of the former president.[/quote]

You got that just as twisted as everyone else did. :laughing:

He didn’t, IMHO, mean that. I believe and he clarified this, that he was speaking to how Reagan’s ability to be able to cross party lines to get people to join in his vision, which Hillary will never in this lifetime be able to do. Especially after this last debate.

Hump!

[quote=“reztrop”]Obama and Hillary sparred over Ronald Reagan in the South Carolina debate.

Obama recently spoke highly of Ronald Reagan as being a transformative politician who transcended across party lines. Hillary blasted him for speaking highly of the former president.[/quote]

I talked about this in another thread. From my understanding, it was Edwards that was doing most of the blasting. After all, Hillary, on her campaign website, listed Reagan as one of the top presidents of the US.

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“reztrop”]Obama and Hillary sparred over Ronald Reagan in the South Carolina debate.

I talked about this in another thread. From my understanding, it was Edwards that was doing most of the blasting. After all, Hillary, on her campaign website, listed Reagan as one of the top presidents of the US.[/quote]

Yea she got called on the carpet for that also. :unamused:

[quote]You got that just as twisted as everyone else did.

He didn’t, IMHO, mean that. I believe and he clarified this, that he was speaking to how Reagan’s ability to be able to cross party lines to get people to join in his vision, which Hillary will never in this lifetime be able to do. Especially after this last debate.
[/quote]

This acrimonious exchange between Obama and Hillary, with him vigorously defending himself and firing back at her is good practice for Obama. It helps harden Obama in preparation for the Republican attack machine should he get nominated.

I love it when things get down and dirty :smiling_imp: But hey, I thought Obama was supposed to be above this gutter-style of politics. By going after Hillary for her Wal-Mart ties, Obama is just reiterating, in my mind, that he has never lived in the real world for his working life. After all, he went from community advocacy to teaching to public service. He should know that most lawyers work on behalf of corporations sometime or other during their careers.

[quote=“Chewycorns”]I love it when things get down and dirty :smiling_imp: But hey, I thought Obama was supposed to be above this gutter-style of quote=“Breibart.com”]politics. By going after Hillary for her Wal-Mart ties, Obama is just reiterating, in my mind, that he has never lived in the real world for his working life. After all, he went from community advocacy to teaching to public service. He should know that most lawyers work on behalf of corporations sometime or other during their careers.
[/quote]

Yeah, because dealing with the Daley machine in the underbelly of Democratic politics in Chicago has nothing to do with real life, unlike being a corporate lawyer.