Cockroaches

A big cockroach suddently flew all over the living room last time at 10pm, no idea where he came from. Maybe came in from the bottom of our main door, but we live at the 5th floor, and we tried to block every place they could come in (windows, balcony, etc).

Even if you’re fastidiously clean, it sometimes doesn’t matter if you have a messy/gross neighbor in the next apartment.

These are bad news…

Cockroach that can fly are actually pregnant. According to the documentary film, their ability to fly stem from a survival instincts to protect their eggs while incubating. So it’s a natural progression of their ability when afemale cockroach gets pregnant.
So when you do see a flying cockroach, be sure to send it flying to heaven before it spills it (evil spawns out!!!)
To totally eliminate their race, after killing the pregnant cockroach, use alcohol to burn it, so as to totally wipe out the eggs ((remember the movie Aliens, where Sigourney Weaver burns the eggs??)) that the only way to totally kill out these roaches.
Do not, attempt to flush the dead cockroach down the toilet without burning it or totally squashing it! The eggs will still hatch and climb out to spread their evil around and you have more to deal with in time.
Also, do not use insecticide on the pregnant cockroach cos it will only help the eggs to develop resistance against the insecticide in future.

2 Likes

Yes, was aware of that. I don’t kill them though, catch them in a plastic container and throw them away. But good post :slight_smile: always good to know more about these cute things!

Do you think they can come in through the air con? I have no idea where it came from, just suddenly was there flying and had the feeling that it just came in :thinking:

This same thing happened to me the other night. I’m on the fourth floor and have never had such a big roach in my apartment. They usually just don’t come up this high.

Considering the flying ones are more mobile, it makes sense that they’d come up a bit higher than your average bastard. As for how they’re actually getting in, keep in mind roaches are capable of almost completely flattening their bodies to squeeze through what you might consider an impossibly narrow crack.

I’ll bet it crawled in through the door, skittered around the edge of the floor as per their usual habit, then decided to take off and zoom around your apartment. Just for fun.

Set traps in dark corners.

Please just kill them :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

So I think she came from the main door indeed. Put a carpet since but not sure they cannot come in, still.

No, don’t kill them, wouldn’t make a difference anyway and not good for karma. My beliefs anyway :stuck_out_tongue:
On a side note, my mum in law grabs them into the palm of her hand, and throw them away. . OMG :pleading_face:

1 Like

I have an aunt who is similarly fearless. It’s awe-inspiring. I could never.

1 Like

Small ones Ok for me, but the big ones no way!

If killing them is bad for karma, I’m going straight to hell

1 Like

sorry to dispel your height theory but i’ve been to a friends office in taipei 101, pretty high up. and they still got cockroaches there.

So does that mean all cats go to hell because cats love to torture little animals…

Well, when you think about cats presence in human superstition/religion it might seem like ya, they are going to hell for torturing small animals. But then one realizes they were probably sent from hell to torture such dirty sinful small animals. Then one calms down and realizes hell isnt real, these little animals are just living their lives, not actually affecting us, and cats are just assholes.

Obviously roaches are ubiquitous, but there’s still a much more increased incidence of roaches on or near the ground floor in my experience, irrespective of how clean you keep your house.

Yes, it would. It’s called geometric progression.

The only real way to make sure your house will be completely free of roaches is to have NO source of food, and that means having your kitchen like a cleanroom, even behind the counter and trash cans. That’s impossible and even the tiniest bread crumbs behind the counter, under the sink, stoves, trash can, etc. all attracts roaches.

So it’s better to introduce a natural, cute predator, like cats.

It’s like being on the top of the Himalaya and pissing on the snow to make it disappear.

I don’t like cats. I prefer to just keep my place clean as I can and deal with the occasional roach here and there. So far I’ve only had to deal with the one big scary one and maybe 5 small ones this past year, which is okay by me.

I’d consider getting a lizard.

1 Like

Cockroaches will prevail. Sad but true.

Though motherfuckers.