Coffee Shops w.Wifi ? (Beitun)

Hey!

Looked through this thread but didn’t see what I am looking for: [url]Good Coffee Shop in Taichung

I am looking for a CHEAP coffee shop with wifi that would be a good place to work. I have tons (and tons and tons) of research I have to do, plus around 80 pp or so to write by mid December. So, a great coffee place (thats cheap) would be great for me!

I live near the Beitun & Wenxin lu intersection, so anywhere near here (or more north on Beitun lu as I am actually right near the big Safe & Save) would be perfect.

I am not as interested in the quality of the coffee as I am in the price & atmosphere and wifi is essential. I found a little place near the Zhongyo Dept. Store, but its like 100NT for a tea and you have to spend at least that every hour to use their wifi.

So ifyall know of any places, send them my way! If they are a bit more of a trek from here (but not too far by bus) thats OK too.

THANKS!

Confucious says…‘Man two legs walk do good, no good coffee do not try tea, keep walking good coffee come!’

Mr. Brown offers free WiFi. Starbucks does not. The cheapest coffee in Mr. Brown is 80NT.

You know where its at?

Yes but I don’t know where you are at. There is one near Zhongshan MRT station on Nanjing Road. It is a 10 minute walk from the MRT station. There is probably one closer to where you live.

I am in Taichung, Beitun District.

Sorry, I missed the fact that you are in Taichung. Mr.Brown in Taipei has free Wi-Fi.

Re: Wireless Internet spots in Taichung

unfortunately, not at all near beitun, so not at all what I need

not at all near beitun? not at all what you need?
nice!
last time I try to help you!

Wifi at these places usually costs 500NT per month for unlimited internet. You can afford to buy coffee but can’t afford to buy coffee? Something tells me you shouldn’t be buying coffee.

just go to any 7. The coffee is around 35 to 40 NT and u can buy internet for 500NT a month. Wifly also offers a “mobile internet” thing for 1500 per year. I suppose its the same like the normal internet offer. Its made for mobile devices I just don’t know if u an use it with a notebook. Anyways I suppose 7/11 is the best choice and you can usually sit there as long as you want.

Confucious say- Why bother?

[quote=“trubadour”]not at all near beitun? not at all what you need?
nice!
last time I try to help you![/quote]

I wasn’t trying to be nasty! Just stating a fact. If you asked me for directions to the closest McDonalds and I sent you to to a Hala Bread store, I would be OK with you saying thats not what you’re looking for. No offense intended :eh:

LOL

I do most of my work at home, but it would be nice if there was a place to go to a couple of times a week. There is a difference between not affording and being a penny pincher and I am the latter…but it would be nice to get out of the house, especially when my wife is at home as her beauty tends to distract me :lick: (which would you rather do, spend time with your honey or stare at walls of medieval chinese text on a computer screen? when shes at home, all of my work motivation seems to dissolve)

But it looks like there aint nowhere close cept 711, oh well, thanks for the replies! If anyone knows any place I am still happy to hear!

Gusto, behind Chung Yo, close to the China Medical Hospital, has free wifi, and good coffee 70nt. They are on Facebook under the name Gusto deli cafe.

thanks! (still keepin an eye out for places)

I’ll second the cappuccinos at Gusto. Probably the best bang for your buck in Taichung right now.

Don’t they have McCafe’s in Mcdonalds in Taichung too?
I also live in the Beitun area. I’m curious and wanna know…
cuz if it’s the same price as home then it would be $80NTD or less…
Mccafe is cheap and yummy!

[quote=“xBlissfulx”]Don’t they have McCafe’s in Mcdonalds in Taichung too?
I also live in the Beitun area. I’m curious and wanna know…
cuz if it’s the same price as home then it would be $80NTD or less…
Mccafe is cheap and yummy![/quote]

I made that post a long time ago, before I had a scooter, so was trying to stay local.

Dunno about Mcadees…

Where do you live in Beitun? On jianxing and chongde rds there is a lattea which has free wifi, but at night the place is pretty packed (during the day on weekends too). There aint a whole bunch of nice, sit down coffee shops with wifi there unfortunately. Once I had a scooter I ended up going to early bird a lot. Most places are over in that area it seems.