Cold Feet about Taiwan Move

Pretty clear they are saying Alishan is great, except for that tiny part

2 Likes

Salons are a dime a dozen. There is one on almost every street block. Competition is fierce. You need to build clientele and have a good location. Rent is high, very high and drives many new business owners out of business fast.

To be successful, she needs a good location, market to foreigners, build clientele, and be ready to not make much money the first year or so. Once she becomes established and has a steady flow of loyal customers, then maybe you will see profits. It is very rare to see a salon succeed with just one stylist, so she needs staff too.

It’s a lot to take on and an uphill challenge.

1 Like

Yeah it’s possible some nice places up here some are really for those prepared for long time journeys to the less traveled places. also bring a vehicle you don’t mind getting scratched up and has some ground clearance if you have 4wd even better.

4 Likes

“infested by bear”! lol

Guy

2 Likes

In the National Park by one of the ponds they have sign that says no frolicking in the water. I have no idea who told them to use the word frolicking :slight_smile:

Some signs have been used for target practice

2 Likes

Taiwan has a lot of beauty, but also Japan and wherever else is just a short flight away.

“Settling down” is a myth - life doesn’t work that way, at least not in my experience. I think of it like this, you find a nice bench to sit on, start reading your book, after a few pages, you start to feel hungry/thirsty or you need a shit/piss. What was once very comfortable, then becomes uncomfortable, especially if you decide to drink your own urine.

1 Like

Well that deteriorated quickly. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

Lol indeed from philosophical to desperation within one sentence

I wonder if the OP is still moving to Taiwan?