Coldplay to Play Taiwan

in November, should be nice weather

4 Likes

November 11th? Damn! I’m rearranging my sock draw that night.

3 Likes

How much would you expect tix to cost? Is it rare for an international artist to skip Taipei for Kaohsiung?

1 Like

Maybe this reason

Taipei wants more quiet, opera like. Went last time Maroon5 here, had a blast (though big crowds!, took while get back home)

5 Likes

The concert will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 11 at the Kaoshiung National Stadium, but the seating map and ticket prices have not yet been announced. Live Nation Taiwan member presales start on May 17 from 12 p.m. to 11:59 p.m., while general ticket sales start on May 18 at 12 p.m.

DHL becomes the official logistics partner of Coldplay’s Music Of The Spheres World Tour

Hotel rooms will be expensive and limited better book now.

Feels like Coldplay just played here in Taoyaun. Guess that was about 2017?

Sold out relatively quickly last time.

1 Like

where do you recommend? After a brief look I feel like prices are quite high already (this is with me never really having looked before so I’m just using basic assumptions here). The hotels knew ahead of time

The lone Marriott in Kaohsiung is sold out (or just blocked for the time being). Same with 2 of the 3 IHG hotels. Only the Intercontinental is showing, for a 2-night minimum, priced at 14,000 NT per night.

The big chains were certainly well aware ahead of this announcement

1 Like

Of course they play when it’s cold, otherwise it wouldn’t be called Coldplay. If they played in say July they would be called Hotplay.

3 Likes

I will maybe drive, there is big car park area in front if you can drive. Its far from 高雄國家體育場 Intercontinental so does not make sense to stay there, expensive and car park costs more (its hard get a taxi in that area after the concert, and Metro has long wait going South)
I would search some hotels near the 高雄國家體育場

1 Like

I would probably pick hotel near after parties.

So central.

Man for real the hotels are all snapped up. When I search on google I see a decent number of decently priced hotels for the night (3-5k TWD) but then when I click through every single one of them goes to some version of “sorry, this is not available.”

I just made two bookings, one for what seems like the ONLY 3-star or better hotel that was unaware of what was happening (I feel bad for them) refundable at 1400 TWD. And then I made another booking for Crowne Plaza Tainan for 29000 points, which is good value since the room is going for 6000 TWD. Both speculative of course…only reason I went with the Crowne Plaza is because one of my best friends just booked there for him and his wife. So maybe we’ll all go together.

1 Like

this near the concert place

2 Likes

Should be 6000 for tickets. The 1975 is 5300 in July.

Kaohsiung is on a roll! First the Kura Sushi news, now this!

Guy

2 Likes

It’s not available the night of the concert. I know google shows it as available but when you click through the OTA links to book it no longer shows available.

Cold play is good but usually the venue is so large you need binoculars to see them bigger than as a tiny figure

Think we paid about 100usd each though for the cheap seats

Almost needed oxygen for the height we were fro the band

Could’ve stayed home and watched the show if they had it on tv of course

Yeah That !

I would go see them if it were for free. I forked out 12k for Oasis and was bitterly disappointed. Now, if it were Neil Young …

1 Like