Coming out --- about Iraq

[quote=“Alien”]

decaturdailydemocrat.com/art … rial02.txt[/quote]

I wonder what kind of “political disaster” that writer is talking about??? Bush’s ratings have gone up after Clarke’s testimony… and now that the employment figures are looking super, what does Kerry have left with which to attack Bush?

What John Kerry is going to run on a platform of being tougher on terrorism than George W. This I gotta see.

Iraq was invaded ‘to protect Israel’ - US official

atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FC31Aa01.html

Now what do the pro bush squad say now?

Gosh European:

Well one person says it’s so so it must be so.

I think that this was in fact a very small part of the US decision and when you look at protecting Saudi Arabia and the Gulf while getting US troops out of Saudi Arabia, well then that seems a bigger reason to me. Besides, now you will get Spook all excited. Everything is already “it’s the jews” with him. Thanks for feeding that fire.

[quote=“European”]
Iraq was invaded ‘to protect Israel’ - US official

atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/FC31Aa01.html

Now what do the pro bush squad say now?[/quote]

Hey Eurotrash…desecrated any Jewish cemeteries lately?

alien, not sure if you’re following election coverage in the us media(seeing as how it’s so biased and all), but if you are, you’d see that all signs are currently pointing to a bush re-election. it’s ok, you can always complain about how stupid the average american is if bush wins. :wink:

You want to talk about how the Bushwackers have been vilifying Bush for the past several years?

Alien:

What exactly do you stand for? Can we have some basic principles so that we can have something to judge your positions by? Just some basic ones will do. Should be quite easy…

What the hell would I want to do that for?

What has desecrating jewish cemeteries (in europe I assume) got to do with Israel?

Go and visit the ADL website and read the biased bigoted propaganda spewed out there. Right up your bigoted league…

Hahaha, that coming from you:

[quote=“fred, in another thread tried to argue and”]A senior German official conceded during a visit to Washington in July that his and other European countries had failed to understand the real effect September 11 would have on U.S. foreign policy.
The official also said he regretted that European governments had “never clarified” their “strategic view” of the post-September 11 world or sat down with the Bush administration to discuss a common strategy instead of accusing it of unilateralism.

Now if only we could get this message through to Rascal and ilk.[/quote]

[quote]What the hell would I want to do that for?

What has desecrating jewish cemeteries (in Europe I assume) got to do with Israel?[/quote]
Just the ‘normal’ stupid provocation of someone who claims that all hyphenated Americans (Hispanic-Americans, African-American etc.) suck. Best to ignore.

CQ, you neglected to post the end of the article. This attempts to find an explanation for the apparent contradiction:

[quote=“Economist”][A]t least in foreign policy, the administration’s errors and misrepresentations all seem to confirm the president’s image as a man uncompromising in his determination to fight the war on terror as he conceives it…, and willing to ride roughshod over critics and nuanced intelligence alike to get his way…

It is as if voters, faced with the president’s lack of straight dealing, are concluding that truth may indeed be the first casualty of the war they want to win.[/quote]

[quote=“Rascal”]

[quote]What the hell would I want to do that for?

What has desecrating jewish cemeteries (in Europe I assume) got to do with Israel?[/quote]
Just the ‘normal’ stupid provocation of someone who claims that all hyphenated Americans (Hispanic-Americans, African-American etc.) suck. Best to ignore.[/quote]

Bugs the hell out of you and your Eurotrash buddies that you lost your chance to find a Final Solution in '45 and now the Jews have got guns, doesn’t it? :boo-hoo:

(BTW, hyphenated Americans DO suck…especially [b]German-Americans.[/b] Americans don’t. :upyours:

:unamused:

[quote=“blueface666”]
(BTW, hyphenated Americans DO suck…especially [b]German-Americans.[/b] Americans don’t. :upyours:[/quote]

Pray tell us where lineage comes from, if not directly from a native indian then how can you count yourself as a non hyphenated american.

Time to go back to the boondocks.

Traveller:

I think you are missing Blueface’s point. Right now, in America people no longer view themselves as “American” but Arab-American, African-American, Chinese-American and Blueface thinks that we should all ignore the racial and ethnic backgrounds to focus on being “American” period.

[quote=“fred smith”]Flike:

… Hey, you may have a point. Presidents make mistakes. If Bush made this particular mistake, then I expect that it will come out during the investigation. …[/quote]

[quote=“NY Times”]
[color=red]Leaders of 9/11 Panel Say Attacks Were Probably Preventable[/color]

By PHILIP SHENON

Published: April 5, 2004

ASHINGTON, April 4

Pearl Harbor was preventable. Forest fires are preventable. The problem is intellegence agencies are NOT mindreaders. (And the US has been hamstrung since the early 1970’s when the Democrats under Frank Church gutted the CIA followed by Adm Stansfield Turner’s disasterous tenure at the CIA.) People, you look at a photograph taken from 100 miles up by a spy satellite…there are 2 people carrying a box. Is there an atomic bomb in the box or a pair of Nikes? Believe it or not, James Bond does not and never has existed.

Think of it this way…I walk into a bar in South Carolina one Saturday nite with my hand in my pocket. All nite I glare at everyone and keep muttering “Fuck with me and I’ll kill somebody!”…and I keep my hand in my pocket. Some of the customers ask me what’s in my pocket. “It’s none of your fucking business! Don’t fuck with me!” Finally a cop walks in the door and asks me to take my hand out of my pocket…that he wants to search me. I glare at him and mutter some more while refusing to take my hand out of my pocket. How does he know if I am just scratching my nuts or have a 9mm Glock in my hand? What do you think the ending of this tale is going to be? Saddam found out.

what complete utter bollux.

Lay off the speed.

[quote=“fred smith”]Traveller:

I think you are missing Blueface’s point. Right now, in America people no longer view themselves as “American” but Arab-American, African-American, Chinese-American and Blueface thinks that we should all ignore the racial and ethnic backgrounds to focus on being “American” period.[/quote]

Speaks absolute volumes about the “United” in United States, really. No-one wants to be an American; people prefer to distinguish themselves by their ethnic origin / country of origin, evidently. Though one doesn’t hear the term French-American much. That’d be a ‘double-whammy’, I suppose.

:wink:

Truly,

English-Briton

No Broon Ale:

It has to do with the African-Americans getting a lot of discrimination and then fairly seeking to redress that problem. Blacks first by force (white america’s enslavement) and then by choice started looking at themselves as a separate group. When the cash started getting thrown around in an unwise attempt to redress the situation (welfare dependency, breakdown of the family, dysfunctionalism, drugs, crime) then everyone wanted a piece of the action and so we got Asian-Americans next and now Latino-American and then why not Arab-American. It is a tiresome problem that quite frankly was another well-intentioned (supposedly) Leftie idea to help. I think that the true reasons were much more cynical and selfish (as always). It is an opportunity for people with no real skills but too much education on the Left to provide sinecures for themselves (Women’s Studies, Gay Studies, African-American Studies, Latino Studies) in universities. Perhaps, they truly believe that they were setting up something out of unselfish motives? Maybe. But look at the results.