Coming out --- about Iraq

[quote=“European”]
what complete utter bollux. [/quote]

Confused Euro-trash? You know, you [b]could[/b] be suffering from tertiary syphilis. I suggest you get a magnifying glass and check out the sample images over at WillyWorries.com while looking between your skinny thighs. It’s probably too late for you but your sister can probably still get treatment. :laughing:

willyworries.com/index.php?referrer_id=3

Is it just me or does anyone else think Blueface’s ‘jokes’ aren’t funny and below the belt (pun intended)?

From a well-argued neoconservative blogger (note the typical wish to strike out at Iran, below):

[quote=“tacitus”]…Lessons here include:

[ul]1 This war will probably last 5-10 years in some form or another. Time to be honest; time to recognize that guerrilla war lasts; time to stop seeking solace in 30 June 2004.

1. Can any one really argue that the occupation is not badly undermanned? There’s been a lot of talk on how we’ve “lost” various Iraqi cities – Fallujah, Najaf, Ramadi, et al. This talk is incorrect, as we never really had them. Most of Iraq, because of undermanning, and because of a premature strategy of withdrawing from urban centers, didn’t have a significant occupation presence to begin with. And now we’re going to somehow have to apply one. It’s a hell of a task. If you want a real indicator of just how undermanned we are, consider that the leader of the rebellion, Moqtada al Sadr, was yesterday able to travel unmolested from Kufa to Najaf. Now you tell me that wasn’t a worthwhile target: what an egregious failure.[/ul]

And now that he’s in Najaf, of course – having been allowed to travel there – we are faced with the delicious prospect of an all-out urban assault on one of the worldwide epicenters of Shi’ism. Did I say delicious? Try awful: there will be no rational response from the Shi’a on this one. I remember one of my Shi’a co-workers having a minor freakout at the sight of American troops, in April '03, approaching the Imam 'Ali mosque – the kufr are about to do something haram! – and that was back when they were unambiguously liberating the place. Transpose the situation and the inculcated paranoia to an utterly non-Westernized populace without the capacity to distinguish between Saddam and Bremer, and you’ve got a recipe for a fanatical defense on the scale of Berlin '45. Not saying it will happen. Just that the ingredients are there.

(Quick aside, and thinking out loud, here: what sort of material support is being given Sadr by the Iranians, and what direct, public pressure can we bring to bear on them to halt it? There’s military action, of course. And then there’s fomenting rebellion. Something to think about.)

So here we are. Is the occupation a failure? Is Iraq a “quagmire”? Misleading questions both, assuming a state of definitiveness and finality that cannot be reached. The occupation is a thing that must be managed: hitherto it has been managed in a plainly mediocre fashion. I supported this war because I believed that a (comparatively) liberal Arab/Muslim democracy was just what the Middle East needed. And I continue to support it on precisely these grounds. The Bush Administration earned my halfway respect (halfway 'cause the WMD pretext was junk from the get-go) for having the guts to jump in and grasp the nettle. Now that it’s done, the question becomes one of who will best manage the occupation. We must face the possibility that the neocon “grand plan” may be a fait accompli – in which case we can get some good managers in. They don’t have to buy into the liberalizing vision at all: in fixing the problem of Iraq, they’ll be advancing it anyway.

[i]One last thing: this may be the end of the line for the Bush Administration. More on that to come.[/i]

tacitus.org/story/2004/4/7/3360/38671[/quote]

An interesting view. But remember the administration has access to information that we do not. We have some very talented leaders and they will do the best that they can with what they have available. I trust them at present and do not believe that the effort has been mediocre. Mistakes have been made. Corrections have been made.

I remain confident. I think that we should continue to reduce out troop presence and force the Iraqis to take over more of the security details. One of Rumsfeld’s earliest stated objectives was that we would not allow too big a foot print to prevent dependence ala Kosovo and Bosnia. I think that is wise. After all we still have Europe sucking the teat after all these decades and railing against us far worse than any Shia cleric. Let’s stick with June 30 and let’s continue to reduce our presence while selectively and strategically dealing with targets like Fallujah. Going in full guns is a direct response to months of losing 4 to 10 soldiers. We have lost a month’s worth in a week now, but at least it may lead to cleaning up that little hornet’s nest.

For anyone still wondering whether or not Bush new anything about the attacks before they happened on the morning of September 11th, here’s the video.
Doesn’t he seem ever so suprised?
Notice how he doesn’t even respond to the news that America was then under attack.
He just carries on reading his childrens story. Well it was an interesting one about a goat after all.
Then later he claims to have seen the first impact on T.V. in a coridor, and thought to hiself what a terrible pilot that must have been to have crashed into a building.
Note that the impact of the first plane was never shown on T.V. at that time as there were no live pictures of it happening and that the only pictures shown were of the second plane making its’ impact.
Lies, lies, lies!

whatreallyhappened.com/schoolvideo.html

Also if you are interested in what happened to the plane that never hit the pentagon then you ay check it out here:

adelaideinstitute.org/11%20S … ntagon.htm

Please note the first pictures of the pentagon imediatley after the impact took place. You may notice that the building didn’t collapse at all untill much later and that the front of the building shows not a peice of aircraft reckage around. No pieces, no luggage, no dead bodies, nothing!
The grass wasn’t even singed.
Lies, lies, lies!

Perhaps Forumosa isn’t really the site for you. The UFO and CIA is monitoring your computer is a different one I think. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Be sure and take your aluminum foil death ray preventing hat with you. haha

[i]The GOP blinks.[/i]

[quote=“CBS News”]
[color=red]Growing GOP Dissent on Iraq

[/color]

NEW YORK, April 7, 2004

President Bush is facing increasing dissent among leading conservative politicians and pundits in the face of mounting U.S. casualties in Iraq.

The war has become the long slog that some Republicans feared. Since Sunday, 32 Americans have been killed in fighting across Iraq. American body bags are on the front page of major U.S. newspapers.

The Washington Post and The New York Times brandished images of charred U.S. civilian remains last week. The networks are leading their nightly news broadcasts with stories of dead Americans.

“If we have two or three more weeks of this you are going to start to see Republican members of Congress who have never been critical of President Bush and the Iraq policy starting to get that way,” said Charles Cook, editor of the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.

Republican Party ranks are beginning to break and the White House is worried. Longtime GOP critics on Iraq are growing progressively more vocal in their condemnation.

The Republican chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana, has strongly suggested that the Bush administration reconsider its June 30 deadline to transfer sovereignty from the interim government to Iraqis.

“How do you know, come June 30, that a civil war will not occur?” Lugar said on Voice of America radio. “After all, the coalition has not disarmed all of these militia that these religious groups have in various places. They still are armed and apparently ready to fight.”

Usually loyal pundits are speaking out, too. Conservative columnist George Will wrote in The Washington Post on Wednesday, “U.S. forces in Iraq are insufficient.”

There are currently 135,000 U.S. soldiers in Iraq

there’s a conspiracy thread you can take this to. and if you actually read the thread, you can see many people had already torn apart your simplistic conspiracy theory years before you ever found them on a webpage. :unamused:

[quote=“sula_vaca”]For anyone still wondering whether or not Bush new anything about the attacks before they happened on the morning of September 11th, here’s the video.
Doesn’t he seem ever so suprised?
Notice how he doesn’t even respond to the news that America was then under attack.
He just carries on reading his childrens story. Well it was an interesting one about a goat after all.
Then later he claims to have seen the first impact on T.V. in a coridor, and thought to hiself what a terrible pilot that must have been to have crashed into a building.
Note that the impact of the first plane was never shown on T.V. at that time as there were no live pictures of it happening and that the only pictures shown were of the second plane making its’ impact.
Lies, lies, lies!

whatreallyhappened.com/schoolvideo.html

Also if you are interested in what happened to the plane that never hit the pentagon then you ay check it out here:

adelaideinstitute.org/11%20S … ntagon.htm

Please note the first pictures of the pentagon imediatley after the impact took place. You may notice that the building didn’t collapse at all untill much later and that the front of the building shows not a peice of aircraft reckage around. No pieces, no luggage, no dead bodies, nothing!
The grass wasn’t even singed.
Lies, lies, lies![/quote]

If you yourself had done your homework and used a little common sense, then you wouldn’t assume that I had only JUST “found them on a web page”. You would also find other sites rebuking what you youself JUST found (refering to hunt the boeing answers ) possibly on a Yahoo search engine result by typing in “hunt the boeing”. You would after all not refute the evidence obtained or more importantly not obtained in such misterious curcumstances had you understood both sides of the case at hand. It is not mearly a case of reading what was written about it after all.
If you check out the pictures available you will see that there is not a single piece of identifiable material left after the impact with the Pentagon.
Now I know people have argued “that it was the intense heat of the explosion that evaporated the reminance of the plane and it’s luggage”. I love that reasoning! It rings in the ears for a while and then comes back out as a big pile of steaming poo! There is also the other one of course “the plane did not stop at the outside of the building. Security camera photos and eyewitness accounts from many credible people, including AP reporter Dave Winslow, agree that the plane completely disappeared into the building”. Fantastic! and the wings and engines too! Through a three meter hole? My arse is beginning to burn again.
Use your head mate! Use your eyes and read the other qoutes given at the time by engineers and the like that said it looked more like a cruise missle than an aircraft and then days later oddly refused to further comment. After you have weighed it all up and can’t decide from the qoutes and mis-qoutes, then take another look at all of the pictures available and make up your own mind.

Three meter hole. Boing 757. Can you make it fit?
If you think so, then please tell me how. I am so far un-swayed by what information I have found to explain away this phenomena on many sites and in the news.

Anyway. Why is it that people prefer slagging each other off on this site so much, and not actually use an open mind when making comments. Perhaps I was a bit over the top with my post. But the point was to encorage others to find out all of the information they can before standing on a side of the fence. I find lack of education in many of the statements and arguments made in these forums. If you don’t know every fact after all then how can you pass judgement? Facts sway people this way and that, depending on which ones you have found and trusted in. Personally I don’t really trust that much in government “facts”, and so try to discover them for myself and rely on common sense. After all that is what drives us all (I hope).

[quote=“sula_vaca”]Use your eyes and read the other qoutes given at the time by engineers and the like…

Three meter hole. Boing 757. [/quote]

What’s a Boing 757? Can I qoute you? :laughing:

paulboutin.weblogger.com/2002/03/14

Boeing"757-200"

Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough.

Haha Flike:

We will see. These are two problems that are best dealt with BEFORE we turn over Iraq to the Iraqis June 30 wouldn’t you say? Fallujah and Sadr? So let’s see what happens. Better now than later. Obviously, the local forces cannot quite handle something like this. Given that we must admit that Bush was wrong about wmds (even though the evidence would have led any sane person to the same conclusions) and very little else except perhaps the level of insurgency (to some extent only) then we have to wonder why people like you give so much credence to what the media reports despite their disastrous record of predictions? Bush has 1.25 knocks against him the media has around 20 good misses. So why this absolute faith in liberal leftwing news organizations and their reporting in Iraq or Afghanistan or on leaving the ABM treaty with Russia or Nato’s expansion to Russia’s borders etc. etc. Why does anyone listen to these disaster scenarios anymore? Why do you?

The French are still slimy bastards and I really hope that this time the UN investigation will lead to some serious prosecutions in France. I want Chirac to resign. It is not entirely impossible. If we can trace the money through Pasqua to him. Maybe Pasqua will not be so willing to fall on the sword to save Chirac as Juppe was. We will get him eventually.

It seemed from last night’s 911 Commission hearings Condi Rice didn’t seem to have the experience to deal with all the intelligence she was receiving. She didn’t seem to understand the difference between a warning and an historical document and she didn’t seem to have much influence over the agencies commissioned to provide that information.

She blamed it on being in office for only 233 days, but that is a fallacious argument. She is a security expert. It’s her job to determine a threat. It appeared her reading of the information was too focused on orientating herself to terrorism than being expert on it, and recognizing a threat. I don’t blame her though. It pointed more to a weakness in the US system of government and a lack of continuity in the top positions. It seems Osama Bin laden was lucky in exploiting the gap between the checks and the balances in a democratic system. When the executive branch of government changes so does the level of awareness. If someone is about to hit you and hard, you can’t afford to drop your guard.

[quote]Members of the commission, who have been allowed to read the August 2001 report but have not been allowed until today to discuss most of its contents, joined unanimously on Thursday in calling for the entire document to be declassified and made available to the public.

In response, the White House said it was hurriedly trying to declassify the report, and White House aides said it could be made public as early as Friday, an extraordinary reversal by the White House given its insistence a year ago that the contents of the President’s Daily Brief were so highly classified that they could not be released even to the commission.[/quote]

Here

You don’t think “your sister has syphilis” jokes are funny? I guess you haven’t spent much time with 10 year olds or people with Down Syndrome.

[quote=“fred smith”]Haha Flike:

We will see. These are two problems that are best dealt with BEFORE we turn over Iraq to the Iraqis June 30 wouldn’t you say? Fallujah and Sadr?[/quote]

Why wait 2 months to arrest Sadr? (the arrest warrant was issued by an Iraqi judge two months ago, give or take)

Why was Sadr allowed to pass unmolested from Kufa to Najer when the CPA wanted to serve this warrant?

Yes, I agree, it’s best to force Sadr’s hand now, not after 6/30, but I am quite sure that despite this truth the situation is not being “best” dealt with.

“Best dealt with” and actions of the Bush administration in Iraq, in the same sentence, that’s funny. :laughing:

Talk to Lugar, Hagel, and others in Congress, not to me about the “liberal” press. :unamused:

Besides, what’s this, Pixar entertainment?

[i]AFP - Smoke billowed from the Coalition Provisional Authority headquarters in Baghdad, where explosions were heard throughout the day. [/i]

[quote=“Tom Friedman”]
[color=red]Are There Any Iraqis in Iraq?

[/color]

By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN

Published: April 8, 2004

[…] From the start, this has always been a Karl Rove war. Lots of photo-ops, lots of talk about “I am a war president,” lots of premature banners about “Mission Accomplished,” but totally underresourced, because the president never wanted to ask Americans to sacrifice. The Bush motto has been: "We’re at war, let’s party

unfortunately, i don’t think allied troops in iraq would do much good. the ukranians and spanish pretty much ran away when the militiamen started shooting. what’s the un force going to do when the shooting starts? probably what they’ve always done, run away. people talk as if having blue helmets on means the troops will be more effective than american troops. and then i’m reminded of the 10 belgians in rwanda who laid down their arms at the request of a violent crowd and were hacked to death at the start of the genocide.

i do agree that if the iraqi center doesn’t stand up, the country is doomed to failure. if there are no moderates left, then there’s no point in the us staying.

You don’t think “your sister has syphilis” jokes are funny? I guess you haven’t spent much time with 10 year olds or people with Down Syndrome.[/quote]

I’m spending alot of time here with both of you…and I think with time and proper training you could be taught skills like washing dishes. But I’d sure as hell keep you away from sharp objects! But of course we have to toilet train you first. :laughing:

If I want your opinion I’ll slap you on the back of the head with a wet Taipei Times.