Communities similar to Lotus Hill

Some older posts on here (example from 20 years ago) sing the praises of Lotus Hill, which sounds very nice indeed, but I can’t tell whether it’s still around. The URL a few people link no longer works, and on Google Maps it’s marked “permanently closed.”

Either way, I’d greatly appreciate recommendations for similar places to live: outside the urban core, nice amenities (gym/pool/tennis courts), western kitchens, reasonable rent. Recommendations for real estate agents who could assist with finding communities like that, or tips on how to search, would also be much appreciated. I don’t currently live in Taiwan, but am looking into moving back soon.

3 Likes

I lived there for a while, back in 2004-05.
I would hedge a bet what is closed is the swimming pool and community centre thing they had.
I seem to recall it closed years ago. But the outdoor tennis courts were still in use, including floodlights, last time I was there around 2008.

1 Like

lotus hill still there, and mildly better connected to the world compared to before. but the community is very old now, and the houses show their age.
such communities do exist, but as families get smaller, bigger apartments with western kitchen become more rare.

2 Likes

I still live at Lotus Hill, and in the sauna yesterday heard that the outdoor pool will be opening later this month, hopefully in time for Dragon Boat Festival.

4 Likes

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate it.

I still live at Lotus Hill, and in the sauna yesterday heard that the outdoor pool will be opening later this month, hopefully in time for Dragon Boat Festival.

@maoman Great to have that confirmation, thanks! Wow, so you’ve been there for 20 years? Do you plan to stay indefinitely?

such communities do exist, but as families get smaller, bigger apartments with western kitchen become more rare.

@izzy Any particular communities you can think of? I’d be interested to take a look and compare.

check real estate listings along xingyi road in beitou, yangde road in shilin, huacheng road in xindian, they have similar style communities (not exactly the same, but close in style).

1 Like

Thanks!