Company Requests NDA

My employer re-orged me and gave me 30 days notice. All amicable so no hard feelings either way. However, apparently they should have had me sign an NDA for protection of trade secrets and IP, but for whatever reason I never signed one. Someone must have realized there is no NDA, so they requested I sign now. In general, I have no problem with it, but am concerned about some of the wording, and wondering if there are any potential consequences for not signing. Looking for contacts familiar with Taiwan laws to get some legal advise. TIA

Why not go and speak to a lawyer

What are they offering you for signing one?

Otherwise, signing one now would have zero benefits for you - only (potential) downsides.

8 Likes

If you’re being laid off just ignore them, there doesn’t seem to be anything you could gain from signing.

7 Likes

Here you go! This is my lawyer and he speaks English fluently.

5 Likes

This. No legal advice seems necessary. Ask them what incentive you have to sign. If they cannot come up with anything, do not sign.

3 Likes

What kind of NDA is it? It is common practice to ask for an extra NDA (extra to whatever you signed initially) where you also promise not to sue them for anything and in exchange they give you a couple months salary.

2 Likes